Re: Wireless Router Question:

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack [MVP-Networking], Nov 28, 2009.

  1. Hi
    While in theory it is possible that only the Switch part of the Router is
    damaged, it is unlikely.
    Since the Wireless works the Router's Routing is OK too the Router is
    configured correctly.
    There is No point to keep running the configuration software, it will make
    thing worse.
    Try to configure the Desktop Networking setting Manually.
    This XP page explains the principles of debugging Network connection,
    http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    This relates more specifically to Vista,
    http://www.home-network-help.com/configuring-ip.html
    Use the "IP Assigned by DHCP server" configuration.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Nov 28, 2009