RE: Wireless router for ADSL USB modem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?QkFS?=, Jul 25, 2004.

  1. You would be better serevd buying an ADSL Modem / Router as a combo unit. Easier to setup and manage.

    Many manufacturers build them and one should just check with their compatibility with your ISP. So check for the recommendations from your ISP first.

    =?Utf-8?B?QkFS?=, Jul 25, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QkFS?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi.
    I would get an External Ethernet Modem ($60-$70) and an Inexpensive Wired
    Router ($15-$25).

    The Router part of the Modem/Router Combos is usually lacking in capacities
    and configuration flexibility than any $20 stand alone Router.

    May be this can Help too: http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 25, 2004