Re: Wireless providers in Canterbury

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Harry, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. Harry

    Harry Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > considering a move to a property in a slightly rural area (about 25
    > minutes west of the edge of Christchurch. ADSL not yet available there
    > (T/com says "don't know, about 6 months maybe") and the thought of
    > going back to dialup does not excite me in any way.
    >
    > Are there any wireless providers in Christchurch that have that area
    > covered?
    >
    > I use about 10g/month, and realistically need 256kbps down.

    Why don't you move somewhere where there is ADSL?

    Harry, Oct 25, 2005

  2. Harry

    Harry Guest

    wrote:

    > Harry wrote:
    >> Why don't you move somewhere where there is ADSL?

    > Somewhat specific requirements for the property typically put
    > candidates just outside current ADSL coverage unfortunatly.

    You have to make a choice. Either you want broadband or
    you want to live in an isolated spot far removed from civilization.

    BTW seems strange that 40km from ChCh is over the horizon.

    Harry, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Harry

    Philip Guest

    Harry wrote:
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Harry wrote:
    >>
    >>>Why don't you move somewhere where there is ADSL?

    >>Somewhat specific requirements for the property typically put
    >>candidates just outside current ADSL coverage unfortunatly.

    > You have to make a choice. Either you want broadband or
    > you want to live in an isolated spot far removed from civilization.
    >
    > BTW seems strange that 40km from ChCh is over the horizon.

    Another "choice" imposed by Telecom. How many more ways will they find
    to harm our economy?

    Philip

    Philip, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Harry

    Harry Guest

    Philip wrote:

    > Harry wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>>Somewhat specific requirements for the property typically put
    >>>candidates just outside current ADSL coverage unfortunatly.

    >> You have to make a choice. Either you want broadband or
    >> you want to live in an isolated spot far removed from civilization.
    >>
    >> BTW seems strange that 40km from ChCh is over the horizon.
    >>

    > Another "choice" imposed by Telecom. How many more ways will they find
    > to harm our economy?

    Nobody is going to be interested in wiring up isolated farms for ADSL.
    After all, would you? And if you say yes, when are you going to do it?
    And how are you going to survive while losing vaste amounts of money?

    Harry, Oct 27, 2005