Re: Wireless Network Problem on a Laptop

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Nov 19, 2005.

  1. On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:16:56 GMT, Dave Hardenbrook
    <> wrote:

    >I have a client who has a wireless NIC in his Windows XP laptop, and he
    >claims that he can access his wireless Internet connection from his
    >apartment, and from various areas of the apartment complex where he
    >lives, but in a range from about 10 - 30 feet from his front door he
    >cannot access the Internet at all.
    >
    >With the meager info I have outlined above, I don't expect someone here
    >to pull a solution out of a hat, but I'm so woefully ignorant on the
    >subject of wireless network connections, least of all with laptops, that
    >I don't even know where to begin or what questions to ask. If anyone
    >can get me at least on the right track to tackling the problem, I'd much
    >appreciate it.

    I agree with the other posters that someting is possibly
    interfering...often when it is a structure-related problem it is
    frequency/wavelength related, but I don't know about the frequenciy we
    are discussing here.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Nov 19, 2005