Re: wireless enabled- how do i know?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Gordon, Apr 8, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "francesca13" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    > this is probably a really stupid question, but i'm a bit of a technical
    > idiot...
    > i'm trying to work out whether my dad's windows xp is wireless enabled
    > so i went to the networks connection page, but i cant see a wireless icon
    > does that mean it isnt enabled?
    > and if thats so, how would i get it wireless enabled?

    Not necessarily.
    Right-click on My Computer, select Properties and go to Device Manager (on
    the Hardware tab IIRC - not on XP at the moment)
    Look under Network Adapters.
    If you have a wireless card installed it will show.

    --
    Asking a question?
    your OS, Service Pack level

    Gordon, Apr 8, 2009