Re: Wireless connection at bootup

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 22, 2007.

  1. Hi
    Which Wireless login your are talking about?
    If there is No special security server, Wireless should be ready to action
    when Windows finished the boot sequence.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 22, 2007

  2. Hi
    Yap, that the way it is, Wireless needs more software related actions to
    start, than hardware Ethernet needs.
    I never tried it, but it might be that if you use an external Wireless
    Driverless Client Device connected to the Ethernet port of the computer you
    might be able to compensate. Devices like this are, Wireless Game adapters
    (they can be used on a regular computer), and Access Points that can be
    configured to Client Mode.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 22, 2007

  3. "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Yap, that the way it is, Wireless needs more software related actions to
    > start, than hardware Ethernet needs.

    No Jack you are wrong... that is not the way it is....

    What needs to occur is that the original poster needs to obtain software
    that connects to the access point before login. The embedded WZC does this
    and so do many "enterprise" class WLAN clients that include a service
    process and GINA module. The difficulty is whether a system
    credential/profile or a user credential/profile is being used to log onto
    the network. If a user credential/profile is being used, then attachment to
    the network happens during the login process (like the modem/VPN dial up
    list box that is the default XP Professional login screen), otherwise with a
    system credential/profile it can happen after the necessary services are
    loaded.

    Phil Doragh

    Philip Doragh, Jan 23, 2007
  4. Hi

    I am not saying that my suggestion above is the only solution, or the
    ultimate solution.

    However, the trust of it is that when using Driverless Wireless Device, as I
    described above, the computer does not know that it is on Wireless. The
    Driverless Device's output is regular Ethernet, and WZC or any other
    Wireless related aspects of the OS are not needed at all. While this
    solution would not work if the Wireless Client needs to log directly to a
    Wireless Enterprise Network, it might work well with entry-level devices.
    Looks to me that the Wireless aspect in the OP is an Entry Level Wireless at
    Home.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 23, 2007