Re: Winzip 11 is out

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Nov 16, 2006.

  1. I can't bother. I use the one in XP and I already have WinRAR.
    --
    Andre
    Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com

    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Nov 16, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

    Guest

    http://www.7-zip.org/

    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] wrote:
    > I can't bother. I use the one in XP and I already have WinRAR.
    > --
    > Andre
    > Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
    > My Vista Quickstart Guide:
    > http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
    > "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > > Has support for 64 bit.
    > > Download WinZip MSI with 32- and 64-bit Shell Extension Support
    > > System Requirements:
    > > Windows 2000, XP & XP 64-bit
    > >
    > > License Agreement
    > >

    > > This is an alternative distribution file that offers 64-bit shell
    > > extension support for WinZip. The WinZip shell extension enables the
    > > WinZip context menus to appear when you right-click a file or folder in
    > > Windows Explorer or My Computer. The 32-bit version of the shell
    > > extension, which is included with the standard 32-bit WinZip installation
    > > package, does not operate correctly when running under the 64-bit versions
    > > of Windows. This special installation package includes both 32- and 64-bit
    > > versions of the shell extension and will operate correctly on either 32-
    > > or 64-bit Windows operating systems. This installation file is in the form
    > > of an MSI file.

    , Nov 16, 2006

  3. Yeah, but wait until you try the thumbnails. Neat stuff.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 17, 2006