Re: WinXP Home & Networking problems.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:46:37 -0600, "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyahooDOTcom>,wrote:

    >My girlfriend is having networking issues with XP Home. Her system was
    >recently added to the network. Everything was fine until she rebooted
    >yesterday. Now Windows wont recognize any other computers on the network &
    >though we can see her, we cant browse to her system (4 on network in all,
    >but 1 shut down due to keyboard issue that I've not had the chance to
    >fix...1 Win98 & another WinXP Pro...I heard too many problems with home &
    >went with pro). She does have a network connection as internet access works
    >just fine. Her computer name shows up in the workgroups on my 98 & XPPro.
    >Also I've got a chat/messaging/ap-sharing/remote admin type of program
    >("E/Pop", one of the older versions) on all systems. It shows her system as
    >online & available (shows last time it came online too) on both my 98 &
    >XPPro systems, but on hers it doesn't show anyone (not even herself, just as
    >in "My Networking Places" she can't see herself either...if she tries to
    >view the network it locks & she has to end task on networking places).
    >Though I can see her in every way, I can't browse to her or message her with
    >this software (so her system is getting info out, but not receiving anything
    >or able to view anything).
    > As far as I know the system had been rebooted before this issue occured
    >& after all software installed/configured.
    > System restore back to last known working day did nothing to networking
    >settings.
    > Any way to go in & manually change the network settings (more like with
    >Win98) rather than let XP try to do it on it's own through this wizzard
    >stuff (which though nice to the novice, a pain to those who may be able to
    >fix it if had access to the actual settings to see what could be going on)?

    You aint gunna be her boyfriend for very long if you keep fucking up her PC.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=, Apr 1, 2004

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=

    Knightheart Guest

    On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:41:46 -0500, "┬░Mike┬░" <>
    picked a plump bugger and in sanskrit smeared the following cryptic
    message:

    >On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:46:37 -0600, "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyahooDOTcom>,wrote:
    >

    >> Any way to go in & manually change the network settings (more like with
    >>Win98) rather than let XP try to do it on it's own through this wizzard
    >>stuff (which though nice to the novice, a pain to those who may be able to
    >>fix it if had access to the actual settings to see what could be going on)?

    >You aint gunna be her boyfriend for very long if you keep fucking up her PC.

    FOAD Mike-Troll!
    Knightheart, Apr 1, 2004