Re: WinXP 64-Bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Robert Aldwinckle, May 21, 2006.

  1. (cross-post added to 64bit.general)
    "Teekay" <> wrote in message
    >I have just installed the 64bit version of XP Pro. This is an awesome
    > operating system. However, I have now lost 'Help & Support' 'Search' & 'Run'
    > commands on the start menu. I cannot find any recovery instructions & running
    > the 'cfc /scannow' does not appear to fix the problem. Can anyone out there
    > help? As well, Windows Update does not work. Any suggestions greatly
    > appreciated.

    Post in a more relevant newsgroup?

    Cross-posting to one for you now.

    Depending on which portal for the web interface you are using
    you may be able to click on the other newsgroup in the header
    of this message to make a switch to it.

    HTH

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---
    Robert Aldwinckle, May 21, 2006

  2. Robert Aldwinckle

    DP Guest

    Right click the Start button.
    Choose "properties."
    Click the "start menu" tab then click the "Customize" button and then the
    "Advanced" tab.
    There's a bunch of radio buttons under "start menu items." Click the box
    next to "help and support."

    Very simple.

    DP, May 21, 2006

  3. You have two versions of IE. Check that both can connect to the internet. If
    one of them has problems, see my blog about problems with the nvidia
    firewall

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64