Re: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Apr 3, 2008.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Apr 3, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 3, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    write:

    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:49:53 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Gordon did write:
    >>
    >>> On 2008-04-02, Brian Mathews <> wrote:
    >>>>

    >>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ad-bc34-40be-8d85-6bb4f56f5110&DisplayLang=en
    >>>
    >>> Published in April fools day

    >>
    >>Well, you know, some people have this irrational attachment to XP, and
    >>don't want to see it die, no matter how clunky and antiquated it might be
    >>...

    >
    > But not as clunky than [Linux] with its lack of driver support ...


    "Lack of driver support" that you're happy to use as a reference when it
    suits you <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/3d24e64257d973cf>.

    > ... and no need to compile and use a command line mode..


    Still, it's better than having to fiddle Registry edits in Dimdows, isn't
    it?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 3, 2008
    #3
  4. In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    write:

    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 18:37:57 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    >>write:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:49:53 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >>> <_zealand> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>In article <>, Gordon did write:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On 2008-04-02, Brian Mathews <> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ad-bc34-40be-8d85-6bb4f56f5110&DisplayLang=en
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Published in April fools day
    >>>>
    >>>>Well, you know, some people have this irrational attachment to XP, and
    >>>>don't want to see it die, no matter how clunky and antiquated it might
    >>>>be ...
    >>>
    >>> But not as clunky than [Linux] with its lack of driver support ...

    >>
    >>"Lack of driver support" that you're happy to use as a reference when it
    >>suits you <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/3d24e64257d973cf>.


    No answer to this, then?

    >>> ... and no need to compile and use a command line mode..

    >>
    >>Still, it's better than having to fiddle Registry edits in Dimdows, isn't
    >>it?

    >
    > What utter Rubish you don't


    <http://groups.google.co.nz/groups/search?lr=&safe=off&num=10&q=edit+windows+registry&safe=off&qt_s=Search>
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 3, 2008
    #4
  5. In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    write:

    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:44:56 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    >>write:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 18:37:57 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >>> <_zealand> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>In article <>, Brian Mathews
    >>>>did write:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:49:53 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >>>>> <_zealand> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>In article <>, Gordon did write:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> On 2008-04-02, Brian Mathews <> wrote:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ad-bc34-40be-8d85-6bb4f56f5110&DisplayLang=en
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Published in April fools day
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>Well, you know, some people have this irrational attachment to XP, and
    >>>>>>don't want to see it die, no matter how clunky and antiquated it might
    >>>>>>be ...
    >>>>>
    >>>>> But not as clunky than [Linux] with its lack of driver support ...
    >>>>
    >>>>"Lack of driver support" that you're happy to use as a reference when it
    >>>>suits you
    >>>><http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/3d24e64257d973cf>.

    >>
    >>No answer to this, then?


    Still no answer?

    >>>>> ... and no need to compile and use a command line mode..
    >>>>
    >>>>Still, it's better than having to fiddle Registry edits in Dimdows,
    >>>>isn't it?
    >>>
    >>> What utter Rubish you don't

    >>
    >><http://groups.google.co.nz/groups/search?lr=&safe=off&num=10&q=edit+windows+registry&safe=off&qt_s=Search>

    >
    > No Point, you are a waste of time..


    You made a claim, I pointed out what a load of excrement it was. Can't deal
    with that? Wanta throw a tanty? Aw, diddums!
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 3, 2008
    #5
  6. Gordon

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 01:18:41 +1300, Brian Mathews wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 22:59:51 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    >>write:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:44:56 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >>> <_zealand> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    >>>>write:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 18:37:57 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >>>>> <_zealand> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>In article <>, Brian Mathews
    >>>>>>did write:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:49:53 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >>>>>>> <_zealand> wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>In article <>, Gordon did write:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> On 2008-04-02, Brian Mathews <> wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ad-bc34-40be-8d85-6bb4f56f5110&DisplayLang=en
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Published in April fools day
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>Well, you know, some people have this irrational attachment to XP, and
    >>>>>>>>don't want to see it die, no matter how clunky and antiquated it might
    >>>>>>>>be ...
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> But not as clunky than [Linux] with its lack of driver support ...
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>"Lack of driver support" that you're happy to use as a reference when it
    >>>>>>suits you
    >>>>>><http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/3d24e64257d973cf>.
    >>>>
    >>>>No answer to this, then?

    >>
    >>Still no answer?
    >>
    >>>>>>> ... and no need to compile and use a command line mode..
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>Still, it's better than having to fiddle Registry edits in Dimdows,
    >>>>>>isn't it?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> What utter Rubish you don't
    >>>>
    >>>><http://groups.google.co.nz/groups/search?lr=&safe=off&num=10&q=edit+windows+registry&safe=off&qt_s=Search>
    >>>
    >>> No Point, you are a waste of time..

    >>
    >>You made a claim, I pointed out what a load of excrement it was. Can't deal
    >>with that? Wanta throw a tanty? Aw, diddums!

    >
    >
    >
    > Gee how Old are u...????


    The fact that after all these years (or is it decades now?) they still feel
    the need to infiltrate Windows threads speaks volumes about how that hippy
    Linux OS has gone no where.

    -ws
    Will Spencer, Apr 3, 2008
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Silverstrand

    Cooling Overview - Lower Noise, Better Thermals

    Silverstrand, Jan 10, 2006, in forum: Front Page News
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    661
    Silverstrand
    Jan 10, 2006
  2. Matthew Carr

    70-229 Exam Overview

    Matthew Carr, Aug 11, 2003, in forum: MCSD
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    436
    E.R. Winter
    Aug 12, 2003
  3. Rowdy Yates

    Computer Certification: Overview

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 30, 2004, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    395
    Rowdy Yates
    Apr 30, 2004
  4. Jerry G.
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    454
    Jerry G.
    Aug 4, 2004
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    When Is A Visaster Service Pack Not A Service Pack?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 26, 2008, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    469
Loading...

Share This Page