Re: Windows XP Recovery That Went Wrong

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Geoff, Nov 15, 2003.

  1. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Unregistered wrote:
    > I need help from anyone out there.
    >
    > ACER came to look at my pc for a noise problem i reported. The PC
    > needed being crashed as the tech removed the power cable to the pc
    > while the pc was on. The pc went down the next day.

    stupid tech (not that it's that bad though, that prob didn't make the pc go
    down the next day)

    > We called ACER and their did the full recovery off site over the
    > phone. A total of 3 times were done before they send someone down to
    > my home.

    you used the recovery cd's yeah ?

    > I believe the industrial practise is to do a physical check and do the
    > recovery at the end.

    what prob happened was the tech on the fone thought: windows has gone to
    hell, no chance of fixing it over the phone, i'll get customer to recover it

    > Can anyone show me the links to SPECIFIC links indicating how you
    > should do trouble the PC before you do the recovery as a last resort.

    if you used the recover cd's that came with your acer, you just put cd1 and
    let it boot from it and follow the instructions
    this will wipe your pc and set it up as when you first got it

    > ACER did now even ask my wife to remove the external devices before
    > the recovery.

    did 'not' i asume ?
    you should leave them plugged in, not that it matters much
    Geoff, Nov 15, 2003