Re: Windows XP Peer-to-peer install Error

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by David Hettel, Jan 12, 2007.

  1. David Hettel

    David Hettel Guest

    you've got dial up correct? Did you change your dial-up or is it still the
    same? If it's still the same it should work. In Network Connections if you
    right click on the dial-up connection do you have an option to share it?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Jan 12, 2007

  2. Thanks Dave

    I have shared the internet connection and it is working but not properly. i
    can get to google website but not the microsoft or many other websites from
    the network computers.

    the computer with the shared internet connection. Its internet is working
    perfectly.

    I tried installing the Peer-to-peer component again on the internet
    connection shareing computer and it gives me an error message: "An extended
    error has accoured".

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltYm8=?=, Jan 13, 2007

  3. David Hettel

    Gordon Guest

    "Timbo" <> wrote in message
    > I tried installing the Peer-to-peer component again

    What do you mean by the "peer-to-peer component"?

    Gordon, Jan 13, 2007
  4. David Hettel

    David Hettel Guest

    Yes I'd also suggest that you take a look at Jack's ICS over dialup page:
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/serverdialup.htm I don't
    know what you mean by peer to peer component perhaps you mean Ad-Hoc? That
    you don't have a wireless access point? If so then take a look at this page
    first,

    David Hettel, Jan 13, 2007
  5. David Hettel

    AJR Guest

    Gordon - glad to see someone else is curious about "peer-to-peer XP
    component" and/or "peer-to-peer XP add-on"!

    AJR, Jan 13, 2007