Re: Windows XP licensing

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Syphillus, May 12, 2004.

  1. Syphillus

    Syphillus Guest

    "ImhoTech" <> wrote in message

    > "SchroedingerzKat" <> wrote in message
    > > You can't buy 1 bulk license?! You can certainly buy XP Home and XP Pro

    > in
    > > small OEM quantities. I _never_ said bulk in my post. What do you

    think
    > small
    > > mom and pop companies do? www.saveateagle.com is one company that sells

    > OEM
    > > licenses.

    > (umm for $92, in fact the oem version of XP is cheaper than a single
    > license, a far cry from your stated 55. )
    >

    > Put up or shut up dumbass. Its not 'common knowledge' . And if it is then
    > PRODUCE. But you won't because you can't.
    >
    > I'll restate the original 'challenge' since you apparently didn't

    understand
    > the first time:
    >
    > List a source for MS XP license for $55.00 call it what you will.
    >
    > The other garbage you posted was unrelated.

    Get you over yourself.... If you spent half as much time actually posting
    useful info, as you do
    picking out peoples faults you might seem credible.....

    At this point your just a blow hard with who can type...
    Although I'm not sure how you manage it, considering the stick shoved up
    your ass....

    with Love...

    --
    Jonny Bravo

    Syphillus, May 12, 2004

  2. Syphillus

    Nimrod Guest

    On 12 May 2004 21:22:20 GMT,
    (SchroedingerzKat) wrote:

    >Don't get hung up on XP Home OR Pro. You can buy 10 copies of XP Pro, and you
    >still don't have a decent home lab.
    >
    >IMHO as they say.
    >
    >Michael

    Being the original poster. I would like to say that most of you have
    been helpful.

    I certainly wouldn't want to buy XP more than once, or waste my
    purchase price on a copy I pissed away on my training hardware.

    Right now my main machine is running Win 2k Pro.

    I'm a newbie to it, but I imagine that I will retire it kicking and
    screaming like I did Win 95 before it.

    The $400 per year action pack subscription sounds like a good deal,
    but I don't have the need for everything in it right now.

    Nimrod, May 13, 2004

  3. Syphillus

    Nimrod Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 01:17:27 GMT, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    >I beg to disagree with Michael. XP is the best desktop Operating System
    >that MS has ever offered, and in my view, the best Desktop OS period.

    Well, my question was about the difficulties of deploying XP in a
    training lab.

    I have around a half dozen machines at my disposal and about half of
    those really are ready for disposal...

    Last time I was working on Certifications I was constantly loading
    software and wiping out hard disks to start all over again.

    It was pretty much a snap when all you needed was a CD Key.

    I don't have an opinion about XP because I have never tried it. But
    the A+ and all the other exams have been updated to include it, so I
    need to get with the program.

    Nimrod, May 13, 2004
  4. Seeing as you enjoy trying to rip the piss out of people so much, maybe
    you'd be better off hanging out at microshaft.public.cert.exam.mcse. That
    sort of thing's very popular there. :eek:p

    But it's a little tedious to anyone else reading. And the only thing
    anyone's learning here is increasingly imaginative ways to try and offend a
    complete stranger.

    If you feel you need to correct other peoples mistakes, I'm sure you can do
    it without acting like a moron.

    Good luck,

    JM

    Jonathan Miles, May 13, 2004
  5. Syphillus

    sAxmAn Guest

    From past experience, I know it's no use trying to reason with this
    (IMHOTech) arsehole. He is a a waste of time and space.

    sAxmAn, Jun 8, 2004