Re: windows xp and wep 64bit encryption

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by 1magic, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. 1magic

    1magic Guest

    When you're losing the connectiong intermittantly, this is probabl
    after a XP security fix. Afther the fix this happens because th
    Windows Zero Effort Networking (brrrr) keeps looking for ne
    connections.
    After you've realised a connection do the following in a Dos box "ne
    stop WZCSVC". This will stop the search and keep you on-line.
    Does anyone have the fix which MS has????

    Steve Riley [MSFT] wrote:
    > *Try firmware and/or driver updates. Disabling WEP is a bad idea
    > Using MAC
    > filtering is only marginally secure, at best... someone could use
    > tool
    > called SMAC, spoof the MAC address of your computer, and get access
    > MAC
    > addresses aren't digitally signed and therefore have no utility as
    > trusted
    > identifier.
    >
    > --
    > Steve
    >

    > "Chetan Nadgouda" <> wrote in message
    > > Even i am facing the same problems. Currently, i have disabled WE

    > (yups i
    > > did that :( ). However, i have enabled MAC address filtering s

    > that
    > > others can't steal my bandwidth :D
    > >
    > > I am using MN-700. If someone knows why this happens and th

    > resolution
    > > for the same, that will be great help.....
    > >
    > > -Chetan
    > >

    > > "bbry" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >[/vbcol]

    -