Re: Windows XP Activation

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jimchip, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Jimchip

    Jimchip Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:52:10 -0500, Travis wrote:
    > I just purchased XP.
    >
    > What is the deal with this activation thing? Is there no way around
    > this?
    >
    > Am I sending MS privacy about my pc?
    >
    > What if I purchase a new PC and want to install XP on it? Will I be
    > unable to?

    Don't you know? "...Microsoft Product Activation is designed to protect
    you?"

    http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.
    Jimchip, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Jimchip

    pino Guest

    "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:52:10 -0500, Travis wrote:
    > > I just purchased XP.
    > >
    > > What is the deal with this activation thing? Is there no way around
    > > this?
    > >
    > > Am I sending MS privacy about my pc?
    > >
    > > What if I purchase a new PC and want to install XP on it? Will I be
    > > unable to?

    > Don't you know? "...Microsoft Product Activation is designed to protect
    > you?"
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/
    >
    > --
    > We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    > one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    Haven't had anyone knocking this door yet, I simply downloaden this XP. The
    activationcode must have been entered by numerous k-lite users. No problem
    getting SP1 or any other update.
    I installed XP merely for evaluation purposes, of course...
    pino, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Jimchip

    Michael Guest

    In <news:3f1849c4$0$49107$4all.nl>,
    pino said:

    > "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:52:10 -0500, Travis wrote:
    >>> I just purchased XP.
    >>>
    >>> What is the deal with this activation thing? Is there no way around
    >>> this?
    >>>
    >>> Am I sending MS privacy about my pc?
    >>>
    >>> What if I purchase a new PC and want to install XP on it? Will I be
    >>> unable to?

    >> Don't you know? "...Microsoft Product Activation is designed to
    >> protect you?"
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/
    >>
    >> --
    >> We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    >> one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    > Haven't had anyone knocking this door yet, I simply downloaden this
    > XP. The activationcode must have been entered by numerous k-lite
    > users. No problem getting SP1 or any other update.
    > I installed XP merely for evaluation purposes, of course...

    I suppose you could try prison for evaluation purposes as well, then.

    Reporting addresses:

    ((U))
    Michael, Jul 18, 2003