Re: Windows XP Activation

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slumpy, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Travis continued:

    > I just purchased XP.

    Yet you didn't know about the ctivation code ?

    > What is the deal with this activation thing? Is there no way around
    > this?

    Nope. Unless you have a corporate copy like me ;-)

    > Am I sending MS privacy about my pc?

    Probably. But then again, so am I, I would imagine.

    > What if I purchase a new PC and want to install XP on it? Will I be
    > unable to?

    Yes, but apparently you can install it on another machine as long as M$ know
    about it.

    But I may be wrong on the last bit.
    --
    slumpy