Re: windows won't shut down

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by pauline, Feb 25, 2008.

  1. pauline

    pauline Guest

    1. Open Regedit and navigate to HKU\.Default\Control Panel\Desktop

    2. Double-click on AutoEndTasks

    3. Change the value from 0 to 1

    4. Reboot your machine

    Now hung processes will end automatically when you try to shutdown or reboot
    your machine. One caveat: a hung process means something is wrong, and
    anytime you kill a hung process (whether manually or automatically) you risk
    possible data loss.

    pauline, Feb 25, 2008