Re: Windows Vista, systems and games.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WhzzKdd, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. WhzzKdd

    WhzzKdd Guest

    wrote:
    > My 13 year old son has saved diligently to buy a new computer ... he
    > now has about seven hundred and fifty dollars to spend. It seems
    > highly unlikely he can get an Athlon or equivalent box for that ...
    > maybe a celeron ... but to my horror, all OEMs now include Vista,
    > rather than XP. If he wants XP, he'll have to pay extra for it.
    >
    > His interest is games --- Diablo 2 LOD in particular, but also World
    > of Warcraft or Maple Story, and who knows what as he grows.
    >
    > Will these games even work on Vista? If so, what kind of a system
    > does he need to get decent performance.
    >
    > He is currently using a 750 megahertz processor, 136 megs of ram and
    > Windows 98.
    >
    > I am proud of him for saving (first time ever), but I fear he has a
    > long way to go.
    >
    > Thanks for any help,,
    >
    > Ken

    There are a lot of companies that still have last month's PCs in stock. Get
    'em while they're hot.

    <http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=1039995>
    <http://www.globalcomputer.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2108757&Sku=G153-GT5026E>
    <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883103043>