Re: Windows registry infected?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JM, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. JM

    JM Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > I just ran moosoft's "the cleaner" for the first time in a while and it
    > starting wailing the sirens over this:
    >
    > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    >
    > I clicked on the information tab and it showed it to be related to Juno
    > 6. Is this spyware? Trojan? Just need to update? I need some help
    > here. Thanks!

    Which version of The Cleaner are you using ?

    I don't have Juno 6 but I have Juno 5 installed as a backup
    ISP incase my Qwest dsl is out of order and I have that registry
    section called RunOnce also.

    That said, my Adaware 6 does not seem to delete anything
    from my Juno 5 installed components. I don't know about
    Juno 6 however.

    Adaware has a support forum but I searched for "Juno" and
    did not find any talk of it.

    I did a google.com search for "Juno has spyware" and go
    no results.

    I also don't see Juno listed on Spyware lists :

    http://www.suttondesigns.com/EnigmaBrowser/Spyware.html

    Unfortunately Moosoft's forum is down at the moment so I can't
    ask there about it.

    The Moosoft support area shows some newer files to get.
    A file that was updated July 7th 2003 with the name of
    The Cleaner Database.

    http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/updates.php

    I just downloaded Cleaner version 3.5 but I noticed that it
    was last updated August of 2002. So perhaps Juno 6 came out
    after that date ?

    I have just run the old unupdated version 3.5 and it does
    not flag any Juno files or registry stuff. And then I
    ran 3.5 with all the new updates installed and got zip
    also.

    If you want to download all updates then Moosoft has them
    zipped up here :

    http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/dlupdzip.php

    That still doesn't mean you are trojan free. There
    are other trojan removers out there that might be worth
    a look. Hopefully it is a false positive.

    It's possible your Juno 6 has gotten corrupted. And
    could use a reinstall after you use the backup wizard.

    good luck,

    JM
    JM, Jul 10, 2003