Re: Windows Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Sep 3, 2009.

  1. Guest

    "Sal Cappacola" <> wrote:

    >How do I save a pic scanned that shows up in Windows Photo Gallery? There's
    >no choice that I can see to save it anywhere else. I save my pictures to
    >folders under my Pictures, not to WPG. Is there any way scanned pics can
    >sent somewhere else?

    Just started playing with Irfanview, you can do what you want with
    that program.
    Make thumbnail contact sheets, send all files to a location of your
    choice (right click menu), send as mail - and those I found in the
    short amount of time I played with it.

    Yes it scan's as well.

    Irfanview is free, be sure to also install the plugins.
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    (never used WPG)
    I'm not surprised WPG won't let you save it elsewhere, I'm surprised
    it will even let you save it as anything but a BMP file.
    --

    Even schools have their moments
    http://nsharp.org/gallery/user-uploaded/65.jpg

  2. VanguardLH Guest

    wrote:

    > Sal Cappacola wrote:
    >
    >> How do I save a pic scanned that shows up in Windows Photo Gallery?
    >> There's no choice that I can see to save it anywhere else. I save
    >> my pictures to folders under my Pictures, not to WPG. Is there any
    >> way scanned pics can sent somewhere else?

    > Just started playing with Irfanview, you can do what you want with
    > that program. Make thumbnail contact sheets, send all files to a
    > location of your choice (right click menu), send as mail - and those
    > I found in the short amount of time I played with it.
    >
    > Yes it scan's as well.
    >
    > Irfanview is free, be sure to also install the plugins.
    > http://www.irfanview.com/
    >
    > (never used WPG) I'm not surprised WPG won't let you save it
    > elsewhere, I'm surprised it will even let you save it as anything but
    > a BMP file.

    Finding out where is the file for the image is easy. Moving files
    around is easy. They are beyond Sal's ability to discover (or he will
    so claim). Sal is unable to use IrfanView by his own admission; see:

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt....101938f34ac/2993344431a93bcd#2993344431a93bcd

    or start at this following subthread (to get around all the bickering
    regarding Sal's inability to provide upfront details):

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt....101938f34ac/0995e6ea1355ca23#0995e6ea1355ca23

    I'll leave Craig's comment up to you to judge Sal's intent. I decided
    to toss the lure.
    VanguardLH, Sep 3, 2009

  3. Guest

    "Sal Cappacola" <> wrote:

    >> Irfanview is free, be sure to also install the plugins.
    >> http://www.irfanview.com/

    >I know I have that one my PC (I mostly use PhotoFiltre) but clicking on a
    >pic opens them all in WPG.

    Right click on a .WPG file, select "open with", select Choose Program
    at the bottom of the selection of programs.

    A list will open up, select what you want a WPG file to open in, then
    at the bottom of the GUI is a place to check to always use that
    program to open a WPG file - It's that option that you need to select
    "choose program" to be able to access.

    I assume XP, prior to XP you had to hold the right shift key, then
    right click on the WPG file to get the "open with" ability.

    --

    Even schools have their moments
    http://nsharp.org/gallery/user-uploaded/65.jpg
    , Sep 4, 2009