Re: Windows Movie Maker

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by walter, Apr 19, 2009.

  1. walter

    walter Guest

    Baird wrote:

    > "Sarah Houston" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying out WMM but it wont let me save a clip to my computer as a
    >> video file, only as a WMA file and there's no way to change the
    >> settings for what format to save it to.
    >>
    >> Do I need to buy it to do that or what?

    > It depends what the source clip is, WMM cannot convert or edit some
    > mpegs but can extract the audio from some mpegs, which maybe the case
    > with your unknown source clip.
    > Or the source clip maybe corrupt and only the audio layer is
    > accessible.

    Or, and most likely what she's done, is accidently placed the video in the
    Audio/Music track on the timeline instead of in the Video track where it
    belongs. That's the WMM procedure for extracting the audio track from the
    video, and is WHY she's only being offered .WMA when she's trying to save.

    walter, Apr 19, 2009