Re: windows meda --> quicktime or mpg or avi

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by madknoxie, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. madknoxie

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <Rk%Va.97876$>,
    "Daniel Farley" <> wrote:

    > a friend of mine needs to converet a windows meda file into eather quicktime
    > or mpg or avi.
    >
    > Any sudgestions?

    Does he run WinXP? Try importing it into Movie Maker or whatever that
    application that comes standard with XP is called, and then save/export
    it as an mpg.

    Hope that helps

    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Jul 31, 2003

  2. good idea, but movie editor thingy in xp only saves as windows meda format
    :-(, just fired it up to have a look/ Daniel

    Daniel Farley, Jul 31, 2003

  3. madknoxie

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <9x6Wa.98313$>,
    "Daniel Farley" <> wrote:

    > good idea, but movie editor thingy in xp only saves as windows meda format
    > :-(, just fired it up to have a look/ Daniel

    No kidding? It used to be there, I swear (but then I haven't used XP for
    ages).

    Oh well, better get yourself a Mac ;)

    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Daniel Farley wrote:
    > good idea, but movie editor thingy in xp only saves as windows meda
    > format :-(, just fired it up to have a look/ Daniel

    I think you've missed a step in Movie Maker.

    Save as DV-AVI PAL, and it'll save the file as an AVI at 720x576 at 25 fps.

    Master Tech ©, Jul 31, 2003