Re: Windows Live

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Nov 8, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Claude Hopper <> wrote:

    >Why does the hotmail login ALWAYS ask me to upgrade my browser when I
    >have the very latest one available? I use Firefox. If I click on that it
    >sends me to the site to a version I already have though it's the Linux
    >version.

    Microsoft live has changed and I am having problems getting in with
    Opera, if your running Linux read the link.

    http://linux-watch.com/news/NS6023147333.html

    --

    http://i37.tinypic.com/bfkyz6.jpg
    , Nov 8, 2008

  2. On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 10:13:23 -0500, Claude Hopper aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > wrote:
    >> Claude Hopper <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why does the hotmail login ALWAYS ask me to upgrade my browser when I
    >>> have the very latest one available? I use Firefox. If I click on that it
    >>> sends me to the site to a version I already have though it's the Linux
    >>> version.

    >> Microsoft live has changed and I am having problems getting in with
    >> Opera, if your running Linux read the link.
    >>
    >> http://linux-watch.com/news/NS6023147333.html
    >>

    > Well if that is the trend I guess in the near future Linux users will be
    > locked out of ALL Microsoft based systems, web sites and email. It's
    > will be THEIR loss of business to their business partners. It may open
    > the way for Linux only commerce if that's the way they want it.
    > Microsoft: moving forward, creating divisions. I guess it's their new
    > business model.

    Funny. This crap happened to me last spring and I did the workaround for
    it all by my lonesome.
    Still works, no issues.
    So.........either I'm smarter than you lot or ya'll are doing something
    wrong and not parsing wot it is.

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 9, 2008