Re: Windows - Linux Wireless network connection lag

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Pavel A., Oct 23, 2008.

  1. Pavel A.

    Pavel A. Guest

    Silicio wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > first of all excuse me for my bad english...
    > I've a lag problem with a wireless connection between a wired linux
    > server (connected in lan to the router, through a switch device) and two
    > other windows xp's pc.
    > The first pc is an amd based system, the other is an Asus notebook (A6VM
    > family) intel centrino system.
    > I've no wireless problem if I use linux to linux connection, this make
    > me think about a windows driver problem, isn't right? what else?
    > Then if i try to communicate, for example by putty from any windows pc
    > to linux server, I get annoingh lag time for the result, though a banal
    > ls command.
    > I try to disable firewall and antivirus programs from windows xp
    > machines, nothing's changed.
    > Remember that i've no problem if I try a wireless communication from my
    > notebook with linux OS to linux server
    >
    > Router: NETGEAR DG834IT v2
    > PC1 NIC: DWL-G520+
    > PC2 NIC: Intel pro wireless
    > Linux server: generic realtek compatible (wired)

    Both PC1 and PC2 are WinXP, correct? Then, what is your other Linux
    machine?
    How long is the lag? Do you see it also with ping?

    [added microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless ]
    --PA
    Pavel A., Oct 23, 2008