Re: Windows Installer for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jerry G., Sep 6, 2003.

  1. Jerry G.

    Jerry G. Guest

    Clear DayTake Note: Please do not use full HTML postings with
    backgrounds and ect. This causes problems for some users, and makes for
    larger file sizes, even though it looks very nice. Many users will not
    even bother to read or answer an email with this type of format.

    Did you try to check out the MS knowledge base about this? It sounds
    like something with the install dll's are not right, or the routine
    itself is missing or corrupted. It is possible that you installed a
    software that was not written properly, and over-wrote some of the
    required dll's. I have seen this a few times before.

    You can try to reinstall the operating system, if all else fails. Take
    care about what you download.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
    "Brendon" <> wrote in message
    Error Message.
    When I try to install programs built by Microsoft an error message
    appears with something like 'cannot install,this may occur if you are
    running in safe mode or if windows installer is not correctly install'.
    Not only can't I install I cannot uninstall or change programs. If
    anyone knows how to get windows installer for 'Microsoft windows xp home
    edition. Please tell me. (Do NOT send as attachment). This really
    affects what I can do on my computer. I only can install programs which
    don't need windows installer, but of course them programs cannot be made
    like Microsoft can they. I will be grateful if someone can advise me how
    to get windows installer.
    8.com
    Thank you

    Jerry G., Sep 6, 2003