Re: Windows Indexing File

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by sponge, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. sponge

    sponge Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:20:13 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous via the
    Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer <> wrote:

    >Windows has an indexing file (which can be deactivated by a user)

    which
    >indexes all files in one's computer.
    >1)Where is that file? (name/folder)
    >2)If I delete a file (or even overwrite a file using one of the
    >utilities that specifically overwrite its name as well), does that

    name
    >also disappear from the above indexing file as well?

    Don Kelloway was on the right track here, if I understand the OP's
    question correctly.

    On Win9x systems, it is located under the \Windows\Application
    Data\Microsoft folder. One component is in a folder called Websearch.

    Sponge
    Sponge's Anti-Spyware Source
    www.geocities.com/yosponge
    sponge, Jun 23, 2003