Re: Windows Folder poping up when i start the computer...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Make sure that no Windows are open when you close down
    or reboot, as Windows can remember that they were open
    and reinstate them on bootup.

    Check the following registry keys for entries that might
    initiate a window opening:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

    Also see:
    Windows Explorer Starts When You Start Your Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q228502

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:57:10 GMT, in
    <qntQa.50697$>
    ME scrawled: