Re: Windows firewall (SP2), I look for info.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Adriano, Sep 19, 2004.

  1. Adriano

    Adriano Guest

    I'm afraid my Windows firewall doesn't work fine.
    In fact I have just made a test. I have gone to some web "particular"
    site and I have taken many, many spyware and trojan and other bad
    things.
    My NOD32 has deleted them. But my Windows firewall never has asked me
    some permission.
    Why? I hope it works fine.
    Can you give me some info, please?

    PS. You tell me "There are a lot of additional
    configuration options too".
    What do you mean? I think Windows firewall is not configurable very
    much. Do I make a mistake? How I have to configure it?

    Thanks

    Adriano, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Adriano

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Adriano wrote:

    > I'm afraid my Windows firewall doesn't work fine.
    > In fact I have just made a test. I have gone to some web "particular"
    > site and I have taken many, many spyware and trojan and other bad
    > things.
    > My NOD32 has deleted them. But my Windows firewall never has asked me
    > some permission.
    > Why? I hope it works fine.
    > Can you give me some info, please?
    >
    > PS. You tell me "There are a lot of additional
    > configuration options too".
    > What do you mean? I think Windows firewall is not configurable very
    > much. Do I make a mistake? How I have to configure it?
    >
    > Thanks

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875357

    I hope the link helps you.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Adriano

    HonestJohn Guest

    "Adriano" <> wrote in message
    > I'm afraid my Windows firewall doesn't work fine.
    > In fact I have just made a test. I have gone to some web
    > "particular"
    > site and I have taken many, many spyware and trojan and other
    > bad
    > things.
    > My NOD32 has deleted them. But my Windows firewall never has
    > asked me
    > some permission.
    > Why? I hope it works fine.
    > Can you give me some info, please?
    >
    > PS. You tell me "There are a lot of additional
    > configuration options too".
    > What do you mean? I think Windows firewall is not configurable
    > very
    > much. Do I make a mistake? How I have to configure it?
    >
    > Thanks

    Just install one of the free versions of Outpost or ZoneAlarm
    which are amongst the most powerful firewalls available and will
    stop anyone remotely accessing your files and unlike the built-in
    firewall in Windows XP they will also prevent malicious programs
    on your PC from making unauthorised use of your Internet
    connection, to send out personal or private information. N.B. Only
    install one of them as they may disagree with each other.

    Agnitum Outpost Free
    freeware, 2.6Mb, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP,
    www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/
    and