Re: Windows Connect Now - Access point has no USB port

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Sooner Al [MVP], Jan 3, 2007.

  1. "Clive" <> wrote in message
    > How do I manually configure my wireless access point to allow me to set up
    > home network?
    > I tried the Wireless Network Setup Wizard but my access point doesn't have
    > USB port. The option to set up manually doen't work, and refers me to
    > Microsoft Knoweldge Base article 871122, which isn't much help.
    >
    > I have XP SP2 on all computers and a Belkin ADSL Modem and Wireless G
    > Router
    > (Model F5D7632-4).
    >
    > My laptop is an HP NX6110 using Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software 10.5.1.0
    > to access the router.

    You can manually copy the key from the USB flash drive to the router. That
    is what I do with my old Buffalo WBR-G54. Its not a big deal. Go to the
    \Smrtntky\Wsetting.txt file on the flash drive...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/LAN/SoHoWirelessSecurity.html

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...