Re: Windows Connect Now - Access point has no USB port

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 3, 2007.

  1. Hi

    The Network can be configured without a USB port on the Router.

    Having a USB port and the USB Windows Wizard was a good idea, unfortunately,
    the manufacturers of the Entry level Wireless Devices did not opt to follow
    the idea, and beside few devices, 99% of the Wireless Cable/DSL Routers do
    not have USB Ports.

    All of these devices can be configured manually; the CD ROM, and or, the
    support site should have a DOC., or PDF file of the extended Manual of your
    Router. The content of this file should explain how to set manually the
    Wireless Router.

    Windows Network can be configured with the basic Network wizard or manually
    regardless of the Wireless Cable/DSL Router.

    Once Windows is configured, it can access the Router and configure the
    Wireless specific settings manually.

    These pages include general info about the subjects.

    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html

    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#onewire

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 3, 2007