    something or do I need a more sophisticated operating system?

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Emrys Davies

    Cicero Guest

    " Emrys Davies" <> wrote in message
    news:bdmns4$uckte$...
    > I have W98 se, OE6 and IE6
    >
    > I use the Windows backup.
    >
    > I read "You can set a backup program to run automatically. This lets
    > you schedule a backup at night, when you are not using your computer".
    >
    > I cannot find that facility on my Windows system. Am I missing
    > something or do I need a more sophisticated operating system?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Emrys Davies.

    ==============
    Goto Start > Programs > Accessories > System tools > Scheduled tasks > Add
    Scheduled Task. Select 'Backup' as the new scheduled task and set up a
    backup routine to suit your convenience.

    Of course you'll have to leave your computer switched on overnight to do the
    backup so you might want to choose a more convenient time.

    Cic.

    Cicero, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Thanks Cic.',

    I kept hunting, but I don't think I would have found it. Too logical!!

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Jun 29, 2003