Re: Windows activation after M/B replacement

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 13, 2010.

  1. In message <4cb3c658$>, son of a bitch wrote:

    > It's just so much easier to run the XP Hack or RemoveWat for Win7 than
    > having to beg to re-activate the license through the Phone Support, also
    > much faster.

    Is that how it is with proprietary software, that you simply cannot make
    ordinary day-to-day use of it without violating the licence conditions? And
    this after you clicked the “Agree†button on them?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 13, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Rod Speed Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote
    > son of a bitch wrote

    >> It's just so much easier to run the XP Hack or RemoveWat for Win7
    >> than having to beg to re-activate the license through the Phone
    >> Support, also much faster.

    > Is that how it is with proprietary software, that you simply cannot make
    > ordinary day-to-day use of it without violating the licence conditions?

    Corse not.

    > And this after you clicked the "Agree" button on them?

    Has no legal basis what so ever.

    Rod Speed, Oct 13, 2010

  3. In message <>, Rod Speed wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote
    >
    >> son of a bitch wrote

    >>> It's just so much easier to run the XP Hack or RemoveWat for Win7
    >>> than having to beg to re-activate the license through the Phone
    >>> Support, also much faster.

    >> Is that how it is with proprietary software, that you simply cannot make
    >> ordinary day-to-day use of it without violating the licence conditions?

    > Corse not.

    Then why was it suggested as the best way to do it?

    >> And this after you clicked the "Agree" button on them?

    > Has no legal basis what so ever.

    Why do Microsoft’s lawyers insist on it, then?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 13, 2010
  4. On 2010/10/13 11:43, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message<4cb3c658$>, son of a bitch wrote:
    >
    >> It's just so much easier to run the XP Hack or RemoveWat for Win7 than
    >> having to beg to re-activate the license through the Phone Support, also
    >> much faster.

    > Is that how it is with proprietary software, that you simply cannot make
    > ordinary day-to-day use of it without violating the licence conditions? And
    > this after you clicked the “Agree†button on them?

    You have a choice, you can do the hard legal way, and good with that or
    or you can do it the easy way.

    Put it this way, microshit do everything possible to make it hard
    as possible, almost to the point of discouraging people. It comes in
    huge box and it's 99% empty. The Word Microsoft is in huge 1" type and
    the only thing that matters in the entire box is serial number and it's
    less than 1mm High !!, are they scared the owner of box can read the
    serial number on the Inside. Maybe they think everybody has X-Rays
    glasses, or the neighbour across the road has a Telescope.

    The other thing I hate, it's way way way to expensive for Beta Software,
    and so many freaking versions of the same thing.
    Not to mention, re-installing a Factory Setup lacks any ability
    to setup your computer you bought, the way you want it Installed.

    son of a bitch, Oct 13, 2010
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Rod Speed Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote
    > Rod Speed wrote
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote
    >>> son of a bitch wrote

    >>> Is that how it is with proprietary software, that you simply cannot make
    >>> ordinary day-to-day use of it without violating the licence conditions?

    >> Corse not.

    > Then why was it suggested as the best way to do it?

    It wasnt. He JUST said it was EASIER.

    When MS deliberately makes it hard to do what you are legally entitled
    to do, it can make sense to do an end run around what they try to do.

    >>> And this after you clicked the "Agree" button on them?

    >> Has no legal basis what so ever.

    > Why do Microsoft's lawyers insist on it, then?

    Because it bluffs those who know **** all about the law, like you.

    You cant even work out the difference between a GPL 'licence' and
    a retail sale of hardware with an OS included with the hardware.

    Legally they are completely different in both Australia and NZ.

    AND you're too stupid to even noticed that the purported 'agreement'
    says very unambiguously indeed that it does NOT override what legal
    rights you have in the country that the software is being used in.

    Rod Speed, Oct 13, 2010