Re: Windows 7 question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Aug 17, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/17/2010 12:33 AM Just to please that super-ego, Goat Boy <
    Baaaaaaa! wrote the following tidbit of information:
    > Seems a lot of you whiz kids went to Windows 7 here of late.
    > I beta tested the thing it broke it right off...and stuck with XP.
    >
    > So why'd y'all go and do that? Just for the thrill of finding more
    > Micro$uft bluescreens? Or do you all have two PC's and just play with
    > 7?

    Like you, on a very boring day I downloaded the RC of Win7 and installed
    it on a separate HD from WinXP on the same PC. Curiosity was the main
    reason for doing this. I bypassed all the shit in-between Win95 and
    WinXP. WinXP being a very good workhorse I bypassed all the shit
    between it and Win7. My Win7 RC has expired and it now says Illegal
    Copy on the screen, but it still works. Win7 has a lot of bells and
    whistles that I like, but for now WinXP is doing what I need and doing
    it very well. As fast as MS turns out new OS I figure I will probably
    be with WinXP for a few more RCs from MS. Having the latest OS is not a
    life time achievement, it is just filling a never ending void in your
    well-being, kind of like buying a new car every year that is nothing
    more than a means of transportation. Good Luck.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Aug 17, 2010