Re: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Crashing

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jerry, Apr 8, 2010.

  1. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    More help can be found at the Win7 forum:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

    Jerry, Apr 8, 2010

  2. If it's not all of the computers, I've seen problems associated to power
    supply malfunctions and voltage regulator malfunctions on the motherboard
    that can cause blue screens.

    Usually, they are intermittent if it's a blue screen. One of a memory block
    voltage regulator and it killed the computer every 20 minutes, 45 minutes up
    to as long as 2 or 3 days. I had an ASUS Motherboard that was doing that,
    and they come with software to monitor the voltages and temperatures of the
    CPU and motherboard. I noticed that whenever it crashed it was preceded by
    a voltage drop in the memory's voltage.

    The second time, all of the lights came on and the computer would boot up
    at all. The power supply had a bad capacitor and couldn't produce the
    required current. So, the whole computer seemed to turn on, you'd get the
    hard drive lights and all of the lights on. Once, I replaced the main power
    supply, the whole motherboard was fine.

    The first took longer than the warranty to figure out, and the second was
    easy. If it's the only computer having a problem it's probably static or
    dust that got to the voltage regulator in manufacture and you're looking at
    an intermittent problem. All of the rest work, and changing the main power
    supply might fix it. But, if it doesn't, then it's probably a voltage
    regulator on the motherboard. Just send it back and ask for a replacement.

    The Flavored Coffee Guy, Apr 9, 2010