Re: "Windows 7 is flying out retailers' doors"

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Jun 5, 2010.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnO wrote:
    > On Jun 4, 8:25 pm, (David Empson) wrote:
    >> JohnO <> wrote:

    >>> WTF? I never posted that. Someone's newsreader is mis-configured or
    >>> is doing a poor job of impersonating me.

    >> That post was from someone with a name ending with zero instead of
    >> capital O, and an e-mail address with a lower case ell instead of the
    >> digit one in the bit before the at sign, and a digit one instead of
    >> lower case ell at the end of "gmail".
    >>
    >> i.e. someone masquerading as you but not trying very hard.
    >>

    > Hmmm, thanks for that. I don't recognise the writing style.

    Heh! What is it that they say?

    'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'? Yeah, that's it. <g>
    --
    Shaun.

    "When we dream.... that's just our brains defragmenting" G Jackson.

    ~misfit~, Jun 5, 2010

  2. ~misfit~

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 5, 7:08 pm, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnO wrote:

    > >> That post was from someone with a name ending with zero instead of
    > >> capital O, and an e-mail address with a lower case ell instead of the
    > >> digit one in the bit before the at sign, and a digit one instead of
    > >> lower case ell at the end of "gmail".

    > >> i.e. someone masquerading as you but not trying very hard.

    > > Hmmm, thanks for that. I don't recognise the writing style.

    > Heh! What is it that they say?
    >
    > 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'? Yeah, that's it. <g>

    Heh! you're not 'in' unless you have a stalker!

    JohnO, Jun 5, 2010

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnO wrote:
    > On Jun 5, 7:08 pm, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnO wrote:

    >>> Hmmm, thanks for that. I don't recognise the writing style.

    >> Heh! What is it that they say?
    >>
    >> 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'? Yeah, that's it. <g>

    > Heh! you're not 'in' unless you have a stalker!

    Yep. I've had a few of them in my time on usenet.

    ~misfit~, Jun 5, 2010
  4. In article <hud5v1$clu$-september.org>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    (snip)
    >>> 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'? Yeah, that's it. <g>

    >> Heh! you're not 'in' unless you have a stalker!

    >Yep. I've had a few of them in my time on usenet.

    ... and some "classy" ones at that. :) Is that 'all over' now or does it
    still surface occasionally ?

    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 8, 2010
  5. ~misfit~

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 8, 11:43 am,
    (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    > In article <hud5v1$-september.org>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > (snip)

    > >> Heh! you're not 'in' unless you have a stalker!

    > >Yep. I've had a few of them in my time on usenet.

    > .. and some "classy" ones at that. :) Is that 'all over' now or does it
    > still surface occasionally ?

    If you mean Greg Dowle, aka Scooter... then yes he's still around. Not
    sure who he's stalking at the moment but he seems to have a couple on
    the go at any one time.

    JohnO, Jun 8, 2010
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <hud5v1$clu$-september.org>, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote: (snip)
    >>>
    >>> Heh! you're not 'in' unless you have a stalker!

    >> Yep. I've had a few of them in my time on usenet.

    > .. and some "classy" ones at that. :) Is that 'all over' now or does
    > it
    > still surface occasionally ?

    Mine seems to have gone. He posed as me posting in NZ backpackers forums
    looking for "like-minded pedophiles" to hook up with, claimed to be making
    large quantities of 'bathtub crank'... Lots of nasty shit. All because I
    called him on his illegal activities. The harrasment seems to have stopped
    about the time this happened:

    <www.justice.gov/usao/pae/News/Pr/2009/aug/leamanrelease.pdf>

    That's the main guy who was stalking me although he had some cronies as well
    as sockpuppets.
    --
    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Jun 8, 2010
  7. In article <hukmvm$46f$-september.org>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article <hud5v1$clu$-september.org>, "~misfit~"
    >> <> wrote: (snip)

    >>> Yep. I've had a few of them in my time on usenet.

    >> .. and some "classy" ones at that. :) Is that 'all over' now or does
    >> it
    >> still surface occasionally ?

    >Mine seems to have gone. He posed as me posting in NZ backpackers forums
    >looking for "like-minded pedophiles" to hook up with, claimed to be making
    >large quantities of 'bathtub crank'... Lots of nasty shit. All because I
    >called him on his illegal activities. The harrasment seems to have stopped
    >about the time this happened:
    ><www.justice.gov/usao/pae/News/Pr/2009/aug/leamanrelease.pdf>
    >That's the main guy who was stalking me although he had some cronies as well
    >as sockpuppets.

    Good news ... nice to know it's gone away. Thanks :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 9, 2010
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <hukmvm$46f$-september.org>, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >>> In article <hud5v1$clu$-september.org>, "~misfit~"
    >>> <> wrote: (snip)

    >>> .. and some "classy" ones at that. :) Is that 'all over' now or does
    >>> it
    >>> still surface occasionally ?

    >> Mine seems to have gone. He posed as me posting in NZ backpackers
    >> forums looking for "like-minded pedophiles" to hook up with, claimed
    >> to be making large quantities of 'bathtub crank'... Lots of nasty
    >> shit. All because I called him on his illegal activities. The
    >> harrasment seems to have stopped about the time this happened:
    >> <www.justice.gov/usao/pae/News/Pr/2009/aug/leamanrelease.pdf>
    >> That's the main guy who was stalking me although he had some cronies
    >> as well as sockpuppets.

    > Good news ... nice to know it's gone away. Thanks :)

    Cheers.

    As much as I don't like the idea of taking pleasure in the misfortune others
    I also believe in Karma and that guy got what he deserved I reckon.
    --
    Rgds,

    ~misfit~, Jun 9, 2010