Re: Windows 7 I like it

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Tony Neville, Nov 7, 2009.

  1. Tony Neville

    Carnations Guest

    On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 22:05:00 +1300, Collector_NZ wrote:

    > greg wrote:
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>> In message <hdhl18$t8l$>, EMB wrote:
    >>> On top of that, they are starting to include ads in the drivers as
    >>> well
    >>> <http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?selm=hcj6pe$5fr$>.

    >> exactly how is your brand of dribble any help to this thread?

    > It is extremely useful ^h^h^hless as is the fact he ignored a post of
    > mine called 12 weeks of Linux

    To be fair, "ignoring" is not the same as "disregarding", or "not even bothering to view the contents".

    Personally, I decided not to not read that post because of the subject header and who posted it.

    Given the quantity of stuff being posted to Usenet one can't read all posts.

    Carnations, Nov 14, 2009

  2. Tony Neville

    Gunnar Gren Guest

    Den 2009-11-08 skrev Tony Neville <>:

    > "Carnations" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 20:54:22 +1300, Tony Neville wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sounds like a neat idea, but in order that OS developers know the future
    >>> of hardware development and implementation, where is there a ready
    >>> supply of dilithium crystals to run their time machines?

    >> In case you were not aware, other operating systems com with drivers for
    >> all known and supported
    >> hardware.

    > Let's take these three devices: An nVidia GTX 295, an ICH10R SATA2 array,
    > and a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200. Which other operating systems come with
    > drivers to support all three of those?

    FreeBSD 7.2/8.0

    Gunnar Gren, Nov 23, 2009