Re: Windows 7 HP upgrade 32 to 64 bit?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 28, 2010.

  1. An upgrade disk that is 64-bit will allow you to do a clean install, yes. As
    others have pointed out, you may only have a 32-bit disk, or you may only
    have a license for 32-bit, you'll need to verify that. And you can't do an
    actual in place upgrade, but must do a clean installation because of the
    change in architecture.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel