Re: Windows 7 exam

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Mitch Garvis, MCT, Nov 21, 2009.

  1. There are actually three Windows 7 exams -

    70-680 (TS: Windows 7, Configuring)
    70-685 (PRO: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician)
    70-686 (PRO: Windows 7, Desktop Administration)

    I have taken and passed all three of them, but have not purchased the MS
    Press books for them. I can tell you that if you have not been working with
    Windows 7 for a while, including deployment and planning, you will likely
    have trouble on 685 and 686.

    Good luck!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT, Nov 21, 2009

  2. "Mitch Garvis, MCT" <> wrote in message
    > There are actually three Windows 7 exams -
    >
    > 70-680 (TS: Windows 7, Configuring)
    > 70-685 (PRO: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician)
    > 70-686 (PRO: Windows 7, Desktop Administration)
    >
    > I have taken and passed all three of them,

    Have the last two been released? Or did you get beta scores back? (I didn't
    get no beta score sheet yet, so I guess I know what that means if the exams
    are live.) :(

    > I can tell you that if you have not been working with Windows 7 for a
    > while, including deployment and planning, you will likely have trouble on
    > 685 and 686.

    The beta exams were not easy, that's for certain.

    I was rudely reminded, on both exams, how much I do *not* know. :)

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Nov 21, 2009

  3. Hey Lawrence,

    I have not gotten the beta score sheets back, but when I checked on-line
    with Prometric it says that I passed. Actually the first one (685) said
    Passed a month ago, but the second one I stopped checking... last week I got
    an e-mail congratulating me on my new MCITP and when I checked on my MS and
    Prometric transcript they were both there.

    Good luck!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT, Nov 23, 2009
  4. "Mitch Garvis, MCT" <> wrote in message
    > Hey Lawrence,
    >
    > I have not gotten the beta score sheets back, but when I checked on-line
    > with Prometric it says that I passed. Actually the first one (685) said
    > Passed a month ago, but the second one I stopped checking... last week I
    > got an e-mail congratulating me on my new MCITP and when I checked on my
    > MS and Prometric transcript they were both there.

    Well shucky gee whiz.. I just checked my MCP transcript and it shows I
    passed both exams!

    That was unexpected. I was certain some of those deployment questions
    tripped me up flat on my face.

    Guess now I actually do have to go take that 70-680 and actually earn the
    *certifications*. :)))

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Nov 25, 2009
  5. Mitch Garvis, MCT

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Good on you Lawrence! I had full faith in you ;)

    Montreal MCT, Nov 25, 2009
  6. Mitch Garvis, MCT

    BPODFW Guest

    I took the exam 10/31 and found it similar to the 70-620 in many respects. I
    had worked with Win 7 for around 4 months and took the exam before the MS
    press book arrived. Still passed, the install parts were hardest for me, not
    my normal field but similar to Vista. Focus on what is different between
    Vista nad Win7, the new features and you should do fine. I did skim the MS
    press book and it was accurate to the exam.

    BrianO

    BPODFW, Dec 7, 2009
  7. Mitch Garvis, MCT

    J Figueredo Guest

    Brian,

    Thanks for your feedback, I have the MS Press book, I'll be taking the exam
    in Jan.

    Thank you,

    Jose

    J Figueredo, Dec 7, 2009