Re: Windows 7 does not shut down and other stuff

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by NormanM, Nov 11, 2010.

  1. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:25:20 -0600, zbatter wrote:

    > ?I have Windows 7 home premium and have been using it for 8 months.

    You also have MS Internet Explorer 9 beta installed. I'd suggest you begin
    by uninstalling that.

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come
    NormanM, Nov 11, 2010

  2. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 00:57:16 -0600, zbatter wrote:

    > ?Thanks to everyone, I have many programs installed that will take
    > days/weeks to reinstall. I shudder at the thought of this maybe happening
    > again in 8 Months. Norman, how did you know that I had Internet Explorer 9
    > Beta? Is this a possible reason for all of this?

    The leading question mark in your article. Your newsreader is listed as,
    "Windows Live Mail 15.4.3502.922". There is a known bug in the MSIE 9 beta
    which interacts with the latest version of WLM such that all WLM news
    articles post with that leading question mark. I have no idea whether MSIE 9
    beta is responsible for the trouble you are having, but it is responsible,
    along with WLM, for that leading question mark! ;)

    NormanM, Nov 13, 2010