Re: Windows 64bit Edition

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 20, 2005.

  1. Don't know much about macs and video editing, but what I do know leads me to
    doubt what you claim as any longer being valid. But on the audio editing
    question, there is at least one x64 capable audio package out there that
    blows the socks off anything on the Mac - SONAR. (It's technically a beta at
    this point, but readily available last I checked.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 20, 2005

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    zekolas Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > Don't know much about macs and video editing, but what I do know leads me to
    > doubt what you claim as any longer being valid. But on the audio editing
    > question, there is at least one x64 capable audio package out there that
    > blows the socks off anything on the Mac - SONAR. (It's technically a beta at
    > this point, but readily available last I checked.)

    Sorry but for audio editing you use Protools, its not free, but it is
    what all the professional studios use. For video editing imovie actually
    does most things any amauture would want to do, and its very easy to
    learn. Also adobie photoshop for mac blows away photoshop for windows
    and most other graphics programs.

    zekolas, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:25:03 -0500, zekolas <> wrote:

    >Sorry but for audio editing you use Protools, its not free, but it is
    >what all the professional studios use.

    But that is because it is the standard (read: it is most compatible with
    the video-editing leader Avid {no wonder as they are the same company}),
    and not because it is so good and easy to use. People always claim that
    this program is the best audio-editor, and that one the best video-editor,
    but that's all non-sense. In the end it's not the tool you use, but your
    editing-skills, which make you marketeable.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 23, 2005