Re: Windows 2000 Administrator Account

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:27:47 -0700, John <> wrote:

    Thanks Jimchip and Billh.

    Yes, I was thinking the same thing. On my old Windows 95 PC, I am
    always in ther Admin mode, and nothing has happened yet. Also, I have
    had this Win2k machine for two years, and it's been OK so far. Maybe
    you are right and I have just been lucky. Or perhaps, it's because I
    use a firewall and virus protection, etc, plus I have my browser
    security settings on high. Plus I don't use OE for email. My email
    client doesn't support any scripts or any such things. And I do
    frequent registry backups.

    So I think that I will continue in the Admin mode.

    If I ever live to regret this decision, I will post back with the
    gruesome details.

    John, Jun 26, 2003

  2. John

    Billh Guest

    John all thing you listed as doing are going a long way to keeping you safe
    no matter what account you are running. What will put you over the top is
    Backing up your whole system. I use Ghost and a second hard drive to back
    up the whole system. Then as more insurance I burn cd's of all my data and
    store them off site in case of a real disaster.

    Billh, Jun 27, 2003