Re: Windiot Users Living in LALALALA Land? (My School is Linux as Well)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 7, Aug 6, 2006.

  1. 7

    7 Guest

    Asstroturfer Tomas Fink posting on behalf of micoshaft wrote:

    I find very interesting that Linux users seem to be observing a completely
    different world setting than Windope idiots. While Linux users
    talk of 3rd world nations sending free operated computers to people who are
    starving, I see an educational/business/real life idiots selling system
    that is for worse based upon a Windows infrastructure being sold to third
    world to bilk even more money out of poor people.

    For a person interested in a career in just about anything other than
    possibly Computer Sciences, it does not take long to discover that Linux is
    not an option, its essential for poor student budgets. Accountants, Doctors,
    Lawyers, office workers, engineers,
    graphic artists, musicians, advertising hacks and so forth all
    were poor students once and could have used either Linux or GNU/Linux
    instead of stretching student budgets to pay for Windopes or OSeX
    by sys admins egging themselves on with support loonacy in campus rules.
    Try and find Linux in those fields and you can't but yet it is
    free for students to download and use.
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    Quantian has xmaxima for example to solve equations symbolically.
    You may find the occasional oddball, or possibly and in house developed
    system using windiot software but for the most part, Linux and open
    source is used all the time.

    Surveys now show students and many IT staff are more than
    ever using open source and familiar with it, while its
    the upper crust windiot admins who lost touch with users
    years ago that are still clinging to windopes and dictating IT on the
    the campus even though the majority of their colleagues and
    students don't support it.

    Which brings me to my school, UCLA Anderson School Of IT MisManagement.
    Linux is not supported, you have to sneak it in.
    Linux is forbidden by windiots pretending to be useful sys admins.
    (Should be sacking the lot of them if you ask me...)
    Linux simply allows us students to integrate with our educational
    program like open office (http://www.openoffice.org) free of charge
    instead of having to steal software whilst living on a poor university
    student budget.
    Even OSeX is not allowed because its a crap pay software.

    Why is this so difficult for Linux opponents to understand?
    Students and users are the king and ignoring them at educational
    institutions when the majority are already using open source
    software, it becomes criminally negligent of IT staff to
    pretend they can't support Linux.

    Do you jokers actually believe that people care about an operating system?
    People, like myself, have a certain set of rules to follow, we have a
    certain set of standards we need to follow and out main objective is to
    graduate, go out into the world and become productive.
    The world uses GNU/Linux ever more and its the bright future
    for all, and Windopes and OSeX to a lesser degree which
    are payola crap that can't be funded through student budgets.
    Linux is best on the radar screen for EVERYONE.
    And I mean EVERYONE including windiots having problems with BSA
    turning up every now and then trying to blame them for lapses
    in licensing.

    What Linux users need to do is focus on WHY Linux is number one in the
    educational system while IT windiots in business and in general,
    address Linux as issues and acting like crazed cowards and
    denying a problem exists when they could switch instead download
    open office and see the benefits of cross platform support
    under GNU/Linux.
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.openoffice.org

    Take a walk through your local college campus sometime and ask the students.
    Mention Linux and you will most likely get a geeky stare.
    Unless of course you pick MIT or similar wherever windiots have
    exercised their zealotry and make you pay top dollar
    for an incompentent viri ridden OS like windopes instead
    of opting out to help poor students through college with
    free software.

    7, Aug 6, 2006

  2. 7

    flatfish+++ Guest

    On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:27:16 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > Asstroturfer Tomas Fink posting on behalf of micoshaft wrote:

    Proof positive that the Linux community is braindead.
    You real advocates really should put the kabash on idiots like 7 because
    he only serves to make the honest advocates look like fools.

    But of course, any negative Microsoft comment is a good comment, so I
    doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.

    So be it.

    Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more like
    fools than you are.

    flatfish+++, Aug 6, 2006

  3. 7

    7 Guest

    asstroturfer flatfish+++ wrote on behalf of micoshaft:

    > On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:27:16 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Asstroturfer Tomas Fink posting on behalf of micoshaft wrote:

    Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope butts.
    You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
    on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
    honest advocates look like fools.

    But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
    from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.

    7, Aug 6, 2006
  4. 7

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: Windiot Users Living in LALALALA Land? (My School is Linux asWell)

    Get off the Internet Seventh Heaven

    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  5. 7

    yttrx Guest

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <> wrote:
    > asstroturfer flatfish+++ wrote on behalf of micoshaft:
    >
    >> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:27:16 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Asstroturfer Tomas Fink posting on behalf of micoshaft wrote:

    > Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope butts.
    > You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
    > on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
    > honest advocates look like fools.
    >
    > But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
    > from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.
    >
    > So be it.
    >
    > Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more like
    > fools than you are.

    Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
    and not because they hate windows?

    -----yttrx

    --
    http://www.yttrx.net

    yttrx, Aug 6, 2006
  6. 7

    Jim Guest

    yttrx wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <>
    > wrote:
    >> asstroturfer flatfish+++ wrote on behalf of micoshaft:

    >> Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope
    >> butts. You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
    >> on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
    >> honest advocates look like fools.
    >>
    >> But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
    >> from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.
    >>
    >> So be it.
    >>
    >> Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more
    >> like fools than you are.
    >>

    > Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
    > and not because they hate windows?
    >

    > -----yttrx

    Yes. Me.
    At first, it was a political decision. I value my privacy. I'm sick of
    spending half my work day on /maintenance/. My work day is for *working*
    not *fixing a broken OS*. Now, when I crank up any of my systems, I can
    just get on with what I'm supposed to be doing, and not sit there waiting
    for the AV/AM/Defragger/SFC to do their shit.

    Linux: Because a computer is there to work for YOU.
    --
    When all else fails...
    Use a hammer.

    http://www.dotware.co.uk

    Some people are like Slinkies;
    They serve no particular purpose,
    But they bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down the stairs.

    Jim, Aug 6, 2006
  7. 7

    7 Guest

    yttrx wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <>
    > wrote:
    >> asstroturfer flatfish+++ wrote on behalf of micoshaft:

    >> Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope
    >> butts. You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
    >> on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
    >> honest advocates look like fools.
    >>
    >> But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
    >> from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.
    >>
    >> So be it.
    >>
    >> Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more
    >> like fools than you are.
    >>

    > Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
    > and not because they hate windows?

    And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?

    7, Aug 6, 2006
  8. 7

    Duane Arnold Guest

    7 wrote:
    > yttrx wrote:
    >

    >>In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Proof positive that the Linux community is alive and kicking windope
    >>>butts. You real windope advocates really should put the kabash
    >>>on idiots like 7 because he only serves to make the
    >>>honest advocates look like fools.
    >>>
    >>>But of course, any negative Micoshaft comment is a good comment coming
    >>>from a windope, so I doubt you dorks will ever follow reasonable advice.
    >>>
    >>>So be it.
    >>>
    >>>Even a basic Google will bring up 7 and make you bozos look even more
    >>>like fools than you are.
    >>>

    >>Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
    >>and not because they hate windows?

    > And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?

    I know! I know! Well of course, that's is your drug riddled mine.

    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2006
  9. 7

    yttrx Guest

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <> wrote:

    >> Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
    >> and not because they hate windows?

    > And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?

    Well, personally I use Linux currently because it has a familiar
    user interface and has pretty good support for my soundcard, but I
    could quite just as easily be using anything else that fit that
    bill.

    -----yttrx

    --
    http://www.yttrx.net

    yttrx, Aug 6, 2006
  10. 7

    7 Guest

    yttrx wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like
    >>> it, and not because they hate windows?

    >> And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?
    >>

    > Well, personally I use Linux currently because it has a familiar
    > user interface and has pretty good support for my soundcard, but I
    > could quite just as easily be using anything else that fit that
    > bill.

    Eh?
    Thats seems a pretty good ready made cut and paste answer to your
    own question, not the question I asked!!!

    Just where exactly do you believe your windope haters all reside?

    7, Aug 7, 2006
  11. 7

    Duane Arnold Guest

    7 wrote:
    > yttrx wrote:

    >>>And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?
    >>>

    >>Well, personally I use Linux currently because it has a familiar
    >>user interface and has pretty good support for my soundcard, but I
    >>could quite just as easily be using anything else that fit that
    >>bill.

    > Eh?
    > Thats seems a pretty good ready made cut and paste answer to your
    > own question, not the question I asked!!!
    >
    > Just where exactly do you believe your windope haters all reside?

    yttrx, you seem a sensible person. I suggest that you cut this cross
    posting lunatic loose.

    Duane Arnold, Aug 7, 2006
  12. 7

    yttrx Guest

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <> wrote:
    > yttrx wrote:

    >>> And just where exactly do you believe windope haters all reside?
    >>>

    >> Well, personally I use Linux currently because it has a familiar
    >> user interface and has pretty good support for my soundcard, but I
    >> could quite just as easily be using anything else that fit that
    >> bill.

    > Eh?
    > Thats seems a pretty good ready made cut and paste answer to your
    > own question, not the question I asked!!!
    >
    > Just where exactly do you believe your windope haters all reside?

    Oh I hate windows, but thats not why I use linux. I actually use
    windows quite a lot, and I hate nearly every minute of it.

    There's a lot about linux I dont like, but its mostly the sort of
    under-the-hood stuff that's probably better debated elsewhere. I
    prefer a BSD type init structure for example, and linux's scheduler
    still has a very long way to go. (though its still quite superior
    to windows')

    Someone told me many years ago this:

    All software sucks. If you've found yourself unable to find a
    flaw, you've stopped thinking.

    -----yttrx

    --
    http://www.yttrx.net

    yttrx, Aug 7, 2006
  13. 7

    yttrx Guest

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy Duane Arnold <"Do forget about it"@pleaedo.bet> wrote:
    > 7 wrote:
    >> yttrx wrote:

    >>>Well, personally I use Linux currently because it has a familiar
    >>>user interface and has pretty good support for my soundcard, but I
    >>>could quite just as easily be using anything else that fit that
    >>>bill.

    >> Eh?
    >> Thats seems a pretty good ready made cut and paste answer to your
    >> own question, not the question I asked!!!
    >>
    >> Just where exactly do you believe your windope haters all reside?
    >>

    > yttrx, you seem a sensible person. I suggest that you cut this cross
    > posting lunatic loose.

    Nah, part of why I like posting here is entertainment...its not all
    signal. :)

    -----yttrx

    --
    http://www.yttrx.net

    yttrx, Aug 7, 2006
  14. 7

    7 Guest

    yttrx wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <>
    > wrote:
    >> yttrx wrote:

    >>> Well, personally I use Linux currently because it has a familiar
    >>> user interface and has pretty good support for my soundcard, but I
    >>> could quite just as easily be using anything else that fit that
    >>> bill.

    >> Eh?
    >> Thats seems a pretty good ready made cut and paste answer to your
    >> own question, not the question I asked!!!
    >>
    >> Just where exactly do you believe your windope haters all reside?
    >>

    > Oh I hate windows, but thats not why I use linux. I actually use
    > windows quite a lot, and I hate nearly every minute of it.
    >
    > There's a lot about linux I dont like

    <snip>

    Thats yet another revealing cut and paste answer to your original question.

    Third time lucky (may be)...

    So here goes...

    Just where exactly do you imagine your windope haters all reside?

    7, Aug 7, 2006
  15. 7

    yttrx Guest

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <> wrote:

    > Thats yet another revealing cut and paste answer to your original question.

    Cut and paste answer?

    I think youre a little confused.

    > Third time lucky (may be)...
    >
    > So here goes...
    >
    > Just where exactly do you imagine your windope haters all reside?

    The honest to shit truth is that---

    I don't CARE.

    -----yttrx

    --
    http://www.yttrx.net

    yttrx, Aug 7, 2006
  16. 7

    7 Guest

    yttrx wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> Thats yet another revealing cut and paste answer to your original
    >> question.
    >>

    > Cut and paste answer?
    >
    > I think youre a little confused.
    >
    >> Third time lucky (may be)...
    >>
    >> So here goes...
    >>
    >> Just where exactly do you imagine your windope haters all reside?
    >>

    > The honest to shit truth is that---
    >
    > I don't CARE.

    That doesn't appear to be truthful as you said earlier...

    "Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
    and not because they hate windows?"

    So where do you imagine all your windope haters reside?

    7, Aug 7, 2006
  17. 7

    yttrx Guest

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <> wrote:
    > yttrx wrote:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy 7 <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Thats yet another revealing cut and paste answer to your original
    >>> question.
    >>>

    >> Cut and paste answer?
    >>
    >> I think youre a little confused.
    >>
    >>> Third time lucky (may be)...
    >>>
    >>> So here goes...
    >>>
    >>> Just where exactly do you imagine your windope haters all reside?
    >>>

    >> The honest to shit truth is that---
    >>
    >> I don't CARE.

    > That doesn't appear to be truthful as you said earlier...
    >
    > "Is there anyone around here who uses linux just cause they kinda like it,
    > and not because they hate windows?"
    >

    > So where do you imagine all your windope haters reside?

    THEYRE UP IN MY BUMMMMMM!

    -----yttrx

    --
    http://www.yttrx.net