Re: Win98 vs Win98 SE

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Dec 6, 2006.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Sorry about that.
    Duh, I have a rule to delete any post with 98 in it. (Since I never used
    it).
    NOW I'll see the posting/replies.

    - Bobb -, Dec 6, 2006

  2. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    >From:k35454 - wrote in groups.google.com....
    >Maybe this helps. I have original discs 98 and SE. SE is a complete
    >install and will accept updates and other additional programs >from
    >the internet for which 98 is not eligible. k35454.

    Can I leave the current 98 on there and "upgrade" the OS to 98 SE ?
    Or must I wipe the install and start fresh ?
    ( with all apps needing reinstall etc - In which case I'll just donate
    as-is and they can wipe it.)
    ====================

    "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote in message
    I'm putting together PC's to donate to local charities. I typically do
    not get the media from the original owner ( or anything else other than
    a keyboard or a mouse) so rather than doing a clean install I usually
    have to go thru it and strip off any personal info/custom apps .

    - Bobb -, Dec 6, 2006

  3. - Bobb -

    k35454 Guest

    There is a separate "upgrade" disc but SE disc over a 98
    didn't work for me. Needed wipe and install. k35454...

    k35454, Dec 6, 2006