Re: Win98 CD is NOT bootable! never was-never will be :-)

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Pikoro, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Pikoro

    Pikoro Guest

    Adam is right.
    Mike is right.
    Your sh?? practice exam is wrong.
    I got same incorrect answer from a practice exam by Course Technology (yeah,
    the big shameless guys).
    BTW I am the guy who started this thread about a month ago and got in-depth
    answers from many experts, if you go back you can read everything about it
    (download more headers).
    There is one however that was addressed to me in private, but I don't think
    it will hurt to make it public since there is nothing personal. The author
    is David Groth.
    "What I can tell you for sure is that the 3 Windows 98 SE Retail CD-ROM's i
    have are all bootable."

    Here's another one by Barry Watzman,
    "There are a whole bunch of different CD versions of Windows 98 and 98SE
    Retail Full Product (for both 98 and 98SE)
    OEM Full Product (for both 98 and 98SE)
    Retail Upgrade (for both 98 and 98SE)
    Upgrade 98 (only) to 98SE
    OEM "Windows Companion" version (complete CAB files but missing the setup
    program) (for both 98 and 98SE)
    There may be more, but I'm not sure. Some of these are bootable, others are
    not."
    Last but not least read Imhotech's posts which I found very enlightening on
    this issue, maybe his posts will explain to you why you cannot boot from
    your CD.

    Windows '98 is definitively bootable.

    Pikoro

    Pikoro, Jul 5, 2003

  2. I agree, I have a Win98SE CD and it is completely bootable. It is also a
    full version--but I have seen Upgrade discs that are also bootable.

    Ronnie Broyles, Jul 6, 2003