Re: Win98 box

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Brandy, May 27, 2004.

  1. Brandy

    Brandy Guest

    I think that if you right-click the aol tray icon, if it's there, you can
    choose 'no starup options'. Also, check your internet properties,
    connections tab, and select 'never dial a connection'. It keeps popping up
    because it thinks you need to access the internet. Alternatively, if the
    window pops up, you could just minimize instead of closing it if you are
    working offline.

    "VanillaSky" <> wrote in message
    > sorry for the double post
    > "VanillaSky" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a win98 machine, that otherwise runs very well for my needs.
    > > Theproblem is that at boot up AOL starts itself and loads all the way to

    > the
    > > sign on screen where I enter my password. I have unsinstalled and
    > > reinstalled AOL and it works fine until I reboot, and then the same

    thing

    Brandy, May 27, 2004

  2. Brandy

    Ronnie Guest

    you can go into msconfig and de-select aol, so that it does not startup at
    boot.

    Ronnie, May 27, 2004