    AVG virus may not be configured to scan this folder or not capable of scanning restore points.

    If you don't have anything that will clean or delete the infected files in the backups, then goto your "my computer" properties and turn off the system restore which will prompt you to remove all backups (and thereby delete the files). If you are happy with your computer's operation at present, then turning off system restore is no big issue. If you leave it off, your computer will no longer make restore point backups, but I prefer to use the backup provided in the utilities as this will backup much more information than system restore.

    I am certified computer professional. A+,MCP, MCSE, MCDBA.

    jamesa01, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Re: "Win32:Trojan-gen. {VC}""Win32.trojan-gen.{UPX!}"

    jamesa01 wrote:
    > You have a virus but the good new is that it is in the backups made by XP when it did some previous restore points. Unless you use system restore to revert your computer back to a previous state, you are relatively safe from infecting your current operating system.
    >
    > AVG virus may not be configured to scan this folder or not capable of scanning restore points.
    >
    > If you don't have anything that will clean or delete the infected files in the backups, then goto your "my computer" properties and turn off the system restore which will prompt you to remove all backups (and thereby delete the files). If you are happy with your computer's operation at present, then turning off system restore is no big issue. If you leave it off, your computer will no longer make restore point backups, but I prefer to use the backup provided in the utilities as this will backup much more information than system restore.
    >
    > I am certified computer professional. A+,MCP, MCSE, MCDBA.
    >

    > --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
    > ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
    > -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

    Perhaps you are a certified professional, but a couple of points I'd
    like to make:
    1. You waited four weeks to respond to the person with the problem.
    Chances are good that by now they've either fixed the problem or thrown
    the computer away.
    2. Quote at least some of the post you are replying to so that other
    people have an idea of what it is you're talking about.
    3. Try to properly delimit your sig so that it gets stripped out in
    replies to your post. Two dashes and one space, then a hard return is
    how to do it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 27, 2006

  3. jamesa01

    Steve Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:35:38 GMT, jamesa01 wrote:

    > I am certified computer professional. A+,MCP, MCSE, MCDBA.

    What does Minesweeper and Solitaire have to do with peoples virus problems?
    --
    Steve
    ?wollof ot drah yllaer sdaerht sekam gnitsop-pot taht erawa uoy ereW

    Steve, Feb 27, 2006