Re: win xp service pack 2 home edition

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ProfGene, Oct 8, 2006.

  1. ProfGene

    ProfGene Guest

    Michael wrote:
    > Please can someone tell me where i can download win xp sp 2 home edition.
    >
    > mike

    Its on the Microsoft site but they were planning to stop supporting it
    in October so maybe that means you can no longer download it. I sent
    away for it on disk which just costs the price of postage.

    ProfGene, Oct 8, 2006

  2. ProfGene wrote:

    > Michael wrote:
    >> Please can someone tell me where i can download win xp sp 2 home
    >> edition.

    > Its on the Microsoft site but they were planning to stop supporting
    > it in October so maybe that means you can no longer download it. I
    > sent away for it on disk which just costs the price of postage.

    Why would they stop supporting it before Vista is even released? Where
    did you get this information?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 8, 2006

  3. ProfGene

    kiasuteo Guest

    from what i know , it's the SP1 that they gonna stop supporting it .

    kiasuteo, Oct 8, 2006
  4. kiasuteo wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >> ProfGene wrote:

    >>> Its on the Microsoft site but they were planning to stop supporting
    >>> it in October so maybe that means you can no longer download it. I
    >>> sent away for it on disk which just costs the price of postage.

    >> Why would they stop supporting it before Vista is even released?
    >> Where did you get this information?

    > from what i know , it's the SP1 that they gonna stop supporting it .

    They aren't going to stop 'supporting' it, but they might stop offering
    it for download. There is a difference.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 8, 2006
  5. ProfGene

    beenthere Guest

    "ProfGene" <> wrote in message
    > Michael wrote:
    >> Please can someone tell me where i can download win xp sp 2 home edition.
    >>
    >> mike

    Saw the SP2 pack for d\load on the MS site, only yesterday.
    But you can get it here:
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html
    You can slipstrem it into WinXP yourself.
    HTH.

    beenthere, Oct 8, 2006
  6. ProfGene

    Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    >kiasuteo wrote:

    >>> Why would they stop supporting it before Vista is even released?
    >>> Where did you get this information?

    >> from what i know , it's the SP1 that they gonna stop supporting it .

    >They aren't going to stop 'supporting' it, but they might stop offering
    >it for download. There is a difference.

    I just read support for SP1 will end Oct 10, your pry right, that just
    the download of SP1 will be disconntinued.

    --
    http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18259

    , Oct 8, 2006
  7. ProfGene

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 11:19:01 -0700, wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    >>kiasuteo wrote:

    >>> from what i know , it's the SP1 that they gonna stop supporting it .

    >>They aren't going to stop 'supporting' it, but they might stop offering
    >>it for download. There is a difference.

    >I just read support for SP1 will end Oct 10, your pry right, that just
    >the download of SP1 will be disconntinued.

    SP1 is already "unsupported" in that IE7 and WIndows Defender won't
    work on less than SP2.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Oct 9, 2006