Re: Win XP 64 cannot see SATA drive

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 17, 2008.

  1. You'll need a driver for that SATA controller. It looks like it's a VIA
    VT8237 from your description, so go directly to www.viaarena.com. You can
    download a driver there.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 17, 2008

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    keithrider Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

    > You'll need a driver for that SATA controller. It looks like it's a VIA
    > VT8237 from your description, so go directly to www.viaarena.com. You can
    > download a driver there.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.

    Thanks Charlie - did the job fine, once I managed to get past the Driver
    Detective.

    keithrider, Aug 18, 2008