Re: WIN ME SUCKS

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Peter Pervis, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. Peter Pervis

    Peter Pervis Guest

    -=MatikuS=- wrote:
    > WIN ME SUCKS

    I have worked with ME since it was released and have found
    it to be an extremely realiable and dependable operations system.

    I personally believe and have told many friends this, that Windows
    ME is the most stable operations system I have ever worked with,
    and that includes my experience with Windows 3.11 and Windows
    1995 and Windows 1998 and Windows 1998SE, and even
    Windows NT (all flavours), and not forgetting Windows 2000,
    and Windows XP Home.

    So, whith my vast experience of Windows operations systems,
    I know I can speak for most and say Windows ME, the best
    operations system ever developed, is the best the world has
    ever seen, bar none.

    I use nothing else for all my network needs. Let me know your
    views, and if you need support, ask me a question.

    P.S. I'm in the throws of building my website on Windows ME
    which should help many millions of people using Windows ME
    operation system.

    Thank you

    --
    Pete
    Peter Pervis, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Peter Pervis

    Brian Guest

    "Peter Pervis" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > -=MatikuS=- wrote:
    > > WIN ME SUCKS

    > I have worked with ME since it was released and have found
    > it to be an extremely realiable and dependable operations system.

    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,300 for "Windows ME sucks". (0.08 seconds)
    Results 1 - 10 of about 4,770 for "Windows ME network problem". (0.68
    seconds)
    Your search - "windows ME operations system" - did not match any documents
    (learn how to fucking rite proper ya fick twat)

    Results 1 - 1 of about 5 for "Windows ME is reliable". (0.36 seconds)
    Results 1 - 1 of 1 for "Windows ME is fantastic". (0.20 seconds) (was that
    you?)
    Your search - "Windows ME is brill" - did not match any documents

    i could go on but can't be arsed..
    Brian, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Regardless of any trolling I have been using ME for a couple of years
    now - I inherited it with the computer - and so far it seems to work
    well. About once a month for some reason it starts with a black screen
    , and about the same frequency I might see a BSOD.I am online about 8
    hours a day but before shutdown I always use windows washer and
    Diskeeper , really a habit from my Win 95 days with a small HDD.
    I find that Free Agent seems to produce a large number of fragmented
    files and regular defrag ( only takes minutes with Diskeeper) helps a
    lot.
    valeofbelvoirdrinker, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Peter Pervis

    Keyser So-so Guest

    valeofbelvoirdrinker wrote:

    > Regardless of any trolling I have been using ME

    Right! You're consigned to the fuckwit bin for that.
    Keyser So-so, Jan 11, 2005
  5. Peter Pervis

    NewsHound Guest

    "Peter Pervis" <> wrote in

    > -=MatikuS=- wrote:
    >> WIN ME SUCKS

    > I have worked with ME since it was released and have found
    > it to be an extremely realiable and dependable operations system.
    >
    > I personally believe and have told many friends this, that Windows
    > ME is the most stable operations system I have ever worked with,
    > and that includes my experience with Windows 3.11 and Windows
    > 1995 and Windows 1998 and Windows 1998SE, and even
    > Windows NT (all flavours), and not forgetting Windows 2000,
    > and Windows XP Home.
    >
    > So, whith my vast experience of Windows operations systems,
    > I know I can speak for most and say Windows ME, the best
    > operations system ever developed, is the best the world has
    > ever seen, bar none.
    >
    > I use nothing else for all my network needs. Let me know your
    > views, and if you need support, ask me a question.
    >
    > P.S. I'm in the throws of building my website on Windows ME
    > which should help many millions of people using Windows ME
    > operation system.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > --
    > Pete

    Two things:
    1- if windows me is so good , then why are you building a website to help
    people with it?

    2- I use windows me and it is fairly stable, but it does have a problem
    handling memory. When I run programs that use huge amounts of memory, the
    machine will restart on its own. At other times after runing memory
    intensive programs, trying to resize the window resolution will cause the
    machine to restart.

    Of course I am spoiled by having worked on a unix workstation that could
    run for a year or more before ever having to be restarted.
    NewsHound, Jan 11, 2005
  6. Peter Pervis

    Brian Guest

    "NewsHound" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > "Peter Pervis" <> wrote in
    >
    > > -=MatikuS=- wrote:
    > >> WIN ME SUCKS

    > > I have worked with ME since it was released and have found
    > > it to be an extremely realiable and dependable operations system.
    > >
    > > I personally believe and have told many friends this, that Windows
    > > ME is the most stable operations system I have ever worked with,
    > > and that includes my experience with Windows 3.11 and Windows
    > > 1995 and Windows 1998 and Windows 1998SE, and even
    > > Windows NT (all flavours), and not forgetting Windows 2000,
    > > and Windows XP Home.
    > >
    > > So, whith my vast experience of Windows operations systems,
    > > I know I can speak for most and say Windows ME, the best
    > > operations system ever developed, is the best the world has
    > > ever seen, bar none.
    > >
    > > I use nothing else for all my network needs. Let me know your
    > > views, and if you need support, ask me a question.
    > >
    > > P.S. I'm in the throws of building my website on Windows ME
    > > which should help many millions of people using Windows ME
    > > operation system.
    > >
    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > --
    > > Pete
    > >

    > Two things:
    > 1- if windows me is so good , then why are you building a website to help
    > people with it?
    >
    > 2- I use windows me and it is fairly stable, but it does have a problem
    > handling memory. When I run programs that use huge amounts of memory, the
    > machine will restart on its own. At other times after runing memory
    > intensive programs, trying to resize the window resolution will cause the
    > machine to restart.
    >
    > Of course I am spoiled by having worked on a unix workstation that could
    > run for a year or more before ever having to be restarted.

    then why, for fucks sake are you using Windows ME? and please don't say that
    your work place has ME or i am going to burst out in laughter. and while we
    are at it.. a 2000 or XP will also run fine for a year without encountering
    BSODs. its just a case of configuring it properly.. my machine has been
    online now for 156 days (and that is not even after a fresh install. the OS
    has been on this 1800+ for 3 years now) running constantly, running emule
    accepting 800 connections per file and also working with MS digital image
    suite 10, photoshop, (now and again) video converters and dreamweaver (all
    memory monsters). its just a matter of how its set-up/configured. and that
    goes for any OS.
    Brian, Jan 11, 2005
  7. Peter Pervis

    Brian Guest

    "NewsHound" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > "Peter Pervis" <> wrote in
    >
    > > -=MatikuS=- wrote:
    > >> WIN ME SUCKS

    > > I have worked with ME since it was released and have found
    > > it to be an extremely realiable and dependable operations system.
    > >
    > > I personally believe and have told many friends this, that Windows
    > > ME is the most stable operations system I have ever worked with,
    > > and that includes my experience with Windows 3.11 and Windows
    > > 1995 and Windows 1998 and Windows 1998SE, and even
    > > Windows NT (all flavours), and not forgetting Windows 2000,
    > > and Windows XP Home.
    > >
    > > So, whith my vast experience of Windows operations systems,
    > > I know I can speak for most and say Windows ME, the best
    > > operations system ever developed, is the best the world has
    > > ever seen, bar none.
    > >
    > > I use nothing else for all my network needs. Let me know your
    > > views, and if you need support, ask me a question.
    > >
    > > P.S. I'm in the throws of building my website on Windows ME
    > > which should help many millions of people using Windows ME
    > > operation system.
    > >
    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > --
    > > Pete
    > >

    > Two things:
    > 1- if windows me is so good , then why are you building a website to help
    > people with it?
    >
    > 2- I use windows me and it is fairly stable, but it does have a problem
    > handling memory. When I run programs that use huge amounts of memory, the
    > machine will restart on its own. At other times after runing memory
    > intensive programs, trying to resize the window resolution will cause the
    > machine to restart.
    >
    > Of course I am spoiled by having worked on a unix workstation that could
    > run for a year or more before ever having to be restarted.

    last statement to my last post: exept for Windows ME which MS admitted
    fucking up!
    Brian, Jan 11, 2005
  8. Peter Pervis

    The One Guest

    "Peter Pervis" <> wrote in message
    > -=MatikuS=- wrote:
    >> WIN ME SUCKS

    > I have worked with ME since it was released and have found
    > it to be an extremely realiable and dependable operations system.
    >
    > I personally believe and have told many friends this, that Windows
    > ME is the most stable operations system I have ever worked with,
    > and that includes my experience with Windows 3.11 and Windows
    > 1995 and Windows 1998 and Windows 1998SE, and even
    > Windows NT (all flavours), and not forgetting Windows 2000,
    > and Windows XP Home.
    >
    > So, whith my vast experience of Windows operations systems,
    > I know I can speak for most and say Windows ME, the best
    > operations system ever developed, is the best the world has
    > ever seen, bar none.
    >
    > I use nothing else for all my network needs. Let me know your
    > views, and if you need support, ask me a question.
    >
    > P.S. I'm in the throws of building my website on Windows ME
    > which should help many millions of people using Windows ME
    > operation system.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > --
    > Pete

    Very good, very comic. Next you'll be saying Gola is better than Nike.
    The One, Jan 11, 2005
  9. Peter Pervis

    elaich Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in news::

    > last statement to my last post: exept for Windows ME which MS admitted
    > fucking up!

    ME can be fixed to be very stable, but it has a memory leak. That's a
    kernel flaw that can't be fixed by any workaround.
    elaich, Jan 11, 2005
  10. Peter Pervis

    Brian Guest

    "elaich" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > "Brian" <> wrote in news::
    >
    > > last statement to my last post: exept for Windows ME which MS admitted
    > > fucking up!

    > ME can be fixed to be very stable, but it has a memory leak. That's a
    > kernel flaw that can't be fixed by any workaround.

    thats funny.. where is the MS fix for that then? they gave up years ago.
    Brian, Jan 11, 2005

    You stupid dumb ****; Reread what he said.
    Kangaroo Spirochaetes, Jan 11, 2005

    Kangaroo Spirochaetes, Jan 11, 2005
  13. Peter Pervis

    Brian Guest

    "Kangaroo Spirochaetes" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Brian wrote:
    > > "elaich" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > >> ME can be fixed to be very stable, but it has a memory leak. That's a
    > >> kernel flaw that can't be fixed by any workaround.

    > > thats funny.. where is the MS fix for that then? they gave up years
    > > ago.

    > You stupid dumb ****; Reread what he said.

    apologies!!
    Brian, Jan 11, 2005
  14. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    11 Jan 2005 11:44:34 -0000, "Peter Pervis" <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >-=MatikuS=- wrote:
    >> WIN ME SUCKS

    >I have worked with ME since it was released and have found
    >it to be an extremely realiable and dependable operations system.
    >
    >I personally believe and have told many friends this, that Windows
    >ME is the most stable operations system I have ever worked with,
    >and that includes my experience with Windows 3.11 and Windows
    >1995 and Windows 1998 and Windows 1998SE, and even
    >Windows NT (all flavours), and not forgetting Windows 2000,
    >and Windows XP Home.
    >
    >So, whith my vast experience of Windows operations systems,
    >I know I can speak for most and say Windows ME, the best
    >operations system ever developed, is the best the world has
    >ever seen, bar none.
    >
    >I use nothing else for all my network needs. Let me know your
    >views, and if you need support, ask me a question.
    >
    >P.S. I'm in the throws of building my website on Windows ME
    >which should help many millions of people using Windows ME
    >operation system.

    Fucking Troll
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jan 11, 2005
  15. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    11 Jan 2005 18:15:42 +0100, "Brian" <> screamed from
    behind the mulberry bush:

    >"elaich" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> "Brian" <> wrote in news::
    >>
    >> > last statement to my last post: exept for Windows ME which MS admitted
    >> > fucking up!

    >> ME can be fixed to be very stable, but it has a memory leak. That's a
    >> kernel flaw that can't be fixed by any workaround.

    >thats funny.. where is the MS fix for that then? they gave up years ago.

    Your lack of reading comprehension skills are showing. He said "kernel
    flaw that *CAN'T* be fixed by any workaround." Beats me, though, how
    it can be "fixed to be very stable" with such a grave flaw as a memory
    leak.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jan 11, 2005
  16. Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    > 11 Jan 2005 11:44:34 -0000, "Peter Pervis" <>
    > screamed from behind the mulberry bush:
    >
    >> -=MatikuS=- wrote:
    >>> WIN ME SUCKS

    >> I have worked with ME since it was released and have found
    >> it to be an extremely realiable and dependable operations system.
    >>
    >> I personally believe and have told many friends this, that Windows
    >> ME is the most stable operations system I have ever worked with,
    >> and that includes my experience with Windows 3.11 and Windows
    >> 1995 and Windows 1998 and Windows 1998SE, and even
    >> Windows NT (all flavours), and not forgetting Windows 2000,
    >> and Windows XP Home.
    >>
    >> So, whith my vast experience of Windows operations systems,
    >> I know I can speak for most and say Windows ME, the best
    >> operations system ever developed, is the best the world has
    >> ever seen, bar none.
    >>
    >> I use nothing else for all my network needs. Let me know your
    >> views, and if you need support, ask me a question.
    >>
    >> P.S. I'm in the throws of building my website on Windows ME
    >> which should help many millions of people using Windows ME
    >> operation system.

    > Fucking Troll

    <Taps fingers on desk>
    Kangaroo Spirochaetes, Jan 11, 2005
  17. Brian wrote:
    > "Kangaroo Spirochaetes" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Brian wrote:
    >>> "elaich" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >>> thats funny.. where is the MS fix for that then? they gave up years
    >>> ago.

    >> You stupid dumb ****; Reread what he said.
    >>

    > apologies!!

    <SNORT>
    Kangaroo Spirochaetes, Jan 11, 2005
  18. Peter Pervis

    Brian Guest

    "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:...
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    > 11 Jan 2005 18:15:42 +0100, "Brian" <> screamed from
    > behind the mulberry bush:
    >

    > >"elaich" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    admitted

    > >> ME can be fixed to be very stable, but it has a memory leak. That's a
    > >> kernel flaw that can't be fixed by any workaround.

    > >thats funny.. where is the MS fix for that then? they gave up years ago.
    > >

    > Your lack of reading comprehension skills are showing. He said "kernel
    > flaw that *CAN'T* be fixed by any workaround." Beats me, though, how
    > it can be "fixed to be very stable" with such a grave flaw as a memory
    > leak.

    it was mentioned to me a while ago..
    Brian, Jan 11, 2005
  19. Brian wrote:
    > "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> schrieb im
    > Newsbeitrag news:...
    >> I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    >> 11 Jan 2005 18:15:42 +0100, "Brian" <> screamed from
    >> behind the mulberry bush:
    >>

    >>> "elaich" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >>> thats funny.. where is the MS fix for that then? they gave up years
    >>> ago.
    >>>

    >> Your lack of reading comprehension skills are showing. He said
    >> "kernel flaw that *CAN'T* be fixed by any workaround." Beats me,
    >> though, how it can be "fixed to be very stable" with such a grave
    >> flaw as a memory leak.
    >>

    > it was mentioned to me a while ago..

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    Some mention, eh?

    <snigger>
    Kangaroo Spirochaetes, Jan 11, 2005
  20. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:44:34 -0000, "Peter Pervis"
    <> wrote:

    >So, whith my vast experience of Windows operations systems,
    >I know I can speak for most and say Windows ME, the best
    >operations system ever developed, is the best the world has
    >ever seen, bar none.

    I take it you've never used a Mac?

    Swill

    --