Re: Win 8 pricing

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Enkidu, Nov 3, 2012.

  1. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    On 03/11/12 15:56, Crash McBash wrote:

    > Just for a laugh I went to the MS site looking at upgrade pricing. I
    > was surprised to see an upgrade available to from XP as well as Vista
    > and 7 (IIRC the only upgrade to Win 7 was from Vista) and even more
    > stunned to see the price - $49 to download and $80-odd retail (IIRC
    > past upgrades have been north of $150).
    >
    > What on earth is MS up to?

    MS are being smart. They see the time ahead when they won't be the only
    game in town, and they realise that they have missed the bus on the
    tablet thing. They've realised that people mostly only upgrade their OS
    when they change hardware, so they won't make much on upgrades
    (relatively speaking).

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Nov 3, 2012